**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
64Powerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pioneer
State: CA

Broken Horn Switch Roller

Post by 64Powerwagon »

I need the little piece that is screwed onto turn signal switch that holds the roller for the horn contact. If anyone has a bad turn signal switch with the brass roller attached I am in need of one. Thanks for any help.

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Broken Horn Switch Roller

Post by digdoug »

I sold all of my sweptline trucks,except the invisible one. I just couldn't stand to see it go!
( )
91w350 CTD
93w250 CTD

64Powerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 64Powerwagon »

I considered a new one, but my turn signal switch is working fine and those new ones are pricey. The plastic insulator on the grounding roller that the screw goes through is all that's broken. If I have to make it on the Bridgeport I can't justify making only one. Does anyone else have this problem? I can make more.

thehemikid
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: western kentucky
State: KY

Post by thehemikid »

Haven't been inside my 64 D100's column yet to see what it looks like, but does yours look anything like this one for a B-body?
I cleaned it up, super glued it back in place, and added more material to box it in. Think i added some gussets upward also for a little extra help.
Some of the aftermarkets,... the rivets are loose on the 6 connections at the flasher terminals. :2cents
Attachments
5 11 switch from BF.jpg

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by earlymopar »

What is the function of the roller? Is this to cancel the turn signal based on rotation of the steering wheel?

- EM

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Electricity is conducted thru the roller and its structure to a copper ring that rotates with the wheel that is connected to the horn switch. This is the circuit to allow the horn switch on the wheel, which rotates with the wheel, to operate the horn.
Its the rotating joint in the electrical circuit like the rotating joint in a garden hose reel where the rotating hose connects to the stationary hose.

Note the title of this thread: "broken horn switch roller"

64Powerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 64Powerwagon »

Thanks, the Super glue with gussets is a good idea. I'll give that a try. And yes, that 'B' body roller bracket looks the same as for the trucks.

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by earlymopar »

Thanks PwrWgnDrvr. Understood. It just never dawned on me that an electrical "bridge" of this sort would be required for a horn but thinking through the design it makes complete sense. My brain was locked onto the wheel as a turn signal cancellation mechanism.

- EM