**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
OldBlue67D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Tallahassee
State: FL

Got a truck. Want to do upgrades!

Post by OldBlue67D100 »

Hey everyone! New to this forum! I just inherited a 1967 Dodge D100 and was wondering if anyone had advice on wire harness upgrades and disc brake conversions. Does anyone have any experience with the Ron Francis harnesses? I’m pretty tech and mechanic savvy so anything you got just throw at me! Thanks!
1967 D100 SWB. Slant 6. 3 on the tree. 70’s Slotted Mags!

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Got a truck. Want to do upgrades!

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Use the search box at the top of the page. All that has been discussed ad nauseam!

OldBlue67D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by OldBlue67D100 »

Gee thanks for the advice!

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

OldBlue67D100 wrote:Gee thanks for the advice!
Try search box and if you are still having questions about specific things ask if anyone can help with a link within site. :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

:welcome Good to see you here! I did not put any "Upgrades" on my truck because the drum brakes seem to work fine. I don't go that fast, and I don't follow too close, so they are fine for my needs.

Anyway, I did a quicky search for you, and Scarebird seems the kit to get. Search for Scarebird and also some guys have spelled it Scarbird, so try searching BOTH. No, I don't know where to get that.

Here is one link for that: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=41397&p=294718&hil ... es#p294718

Also for wire harnesses, Ron Francis kits are the most likely one to use. Here again, I have not used it. My wires were in very good shape. Nobody butchered mine with custom lights, or radios, etc.

Here is a quick link for another a Rebelwire kit:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40558&p=289246&hil ... it#p289246

http://rebelwire.com/rebel-wire-product ... ire%20Kits

I am sure nobody means any "harm" in mentioning the search box, but it does work pretty good.

Have a FUN time with your truck and "searching". :lol: :salut
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

OldBlue67D100 wrote:Hey everyone! New to this forum! I just inherited a 1967 Dodge D100 and was wondering if anyone had advice on wire harness upgrades and disc brake conversions. Does anyone have any experience with the Ron Francis harnesses? I’m pretty tech and mechanic savvy so anything you got just throw at me! Thanks!
Welcome to the site. :Thumbsup :welcome There is a lot of great information, suggestions, etc.
on disc brakes and wiring on this site. As Terry suggested, use the Search function at the top right
of the front page and read on! :Thumbsup Lots of people have put up some useful posts for all of
us to read. Show us some pics of your D100 too. :Thumbsup
John

OldBlue67D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by OldBlue67D100 »

Thanks very much guys! I did do some research on the forums to get the info I wanted. No one has really done an in depth review on the Ron Francis kit so I figured I’d ask for some fresh info. The disc brake conversion should be easy as long as it will work with the vintage mag wheels I’ve got on the truck. I’ll post some pics as soon as I can get on the desk top tomorrow morning. Thanks again for replying! It’s awesome to have such a great resource these old Dodges. :lol:
Attachments
BD3E68CC-DE08-4DC9-9810-5AE943E3C888.jpeg
BD3E68CC-DE08-4DC9-9810-5AE943E3C888.jpeg (35.61 KiB) Viewed 1405 times

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

Those are some cool OLD aluminum Slots! Funny you used the old term "MAGS". I think I read somewhere years ago the term Mags was short for "Magnesium" wheels. :thinking
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

westman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: wawanesa maintoba

Post by westman »

I installed the scarebird bolt on disc brake backing plate on my 67 d100 2 wd. as per the kit instructions I used 4 wd ford ranger rotors and 1990 chev 1500 calipers. all you get from scarebird is the backing plate. I did get the optional hubs. this saves a lot of work. the original skinny 15 inch wheels rubbed on the caliper. I tried a 15 inch rim from a mid 70's d100 and it cleared. I had a set of braided lines that fit the existing steel brake line as well as the new caliper. I am running a manual brake master cylinder. the increase in braking is big time. I would highly recommend the scarebird setup. replacement parts are available anywere.

OldBlue67D100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by OldBlue67D100 »

Thanks man! Was it the inside diameter of the original wheel that was too small for the caliper?

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by earlymopar »

I have the same set-up and with a 15" x 6" wheel I had a very minor contact between the wheel and caliper. I simply removed a 1/4" on one corner of the calipers. The castings are very thick in that area so material removal there is not a problem and took 2 minutes with an angle grinder.

- EM

westman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: wawanesa maintoba

Post by westman »

the original 67 wheels are 12 1/4 inch. the mid 70's rim that cleared has 12 3/4 inch diameter. as EM said a little tune up with grinder if required.

sdenty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Buena Park
State: CA

Post by sdenty »

I run 15inch police car wheels and had to notch the corners of the calipers to clear.Other than that no problems with the scarebird bracket based kit.