Supporting the cab for floor pan replacement

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
stumblinhorse
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Elbert County
State: CO

Supporting the cab for floor pan replacement

Post by stumblinhorse »

I ground out all the rust in the floor pans this weekend. Driver side needs to be replaced and the passenger side is not too bad but needs a new cab mount. I am in new territory for me so I need a little direction. I assume that I can support the cab on the side I am working on a remove the cab mount bolt and then cut everything out and weld in new? I assume I don't need to remove the front "clip" and as long as support the cab I should be okay? I am on the right track? Or is there something more to the job?
1969 D100 LWB 318 np435
2001 2500 SWB 5.9 Cummins nv5600
2016 3500 SWB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE

ozzie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: colorado springs

Re: Supporting the cab for floor pan replacement

Post by ozzie »

that's how I did it. just make sure if you replace the cab mount you have the cab jacked up to the right height, if you don't you will have trouble with the doors closing correctly.
ozzie

stumblinhorse
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Elbert County

Re: Supporting the cab for floor pan replacement

Post by stumblinhorse »

ozzie wrote:that's how I did it. just make sure if you replace the cab mount you have the cab jacked up to the right height, if you don't you will have trouble with the doors closing correctly.
Thanks for the advice! I will measure it a couple of times. Probably best to put the frame on stands to eliminate any variance in height from suspension.

Any suggestion on best place to support the cab?

BTW I am just a few minutes north of the springs. Going to have to start a Classic D club!
1969 D100 LWB 318 np435
2001 2500 SWB 5.9 Cummins nv5600
2016 3500 SWB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE