New Member,..Just bought a 66 W200

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**

Re: New Member,..Just bought a 66 W200

Postby PwrWgnDrvr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Sounds more like it was a slant 6 with 3 spd trans. Any sign that it was a column shift at one time?
PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Postby SteveH » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Yea, I think you are right. The data tag info and also there is a hole in the firewall just above the steering column that was likely for the three speed shift shaft. Having never seen one in the wild, I have no idea if that's the correct hole placement, but it sure looks like it.

This is turning out to be Frankentruck.
But so far,...all the changes have been upgrades as far as I'm concerned. This thing will never be a show truck,...far far from it. Just a beast to work with around here, and occasionally go to town for materials, etc.

Looks like my drivers door has been replaced also. No lock cylinder hole I've been told is from a single earlier year.
SteveH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

City: Auburn
State: AL

Postby kabdrvr » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:39 am

I have a 63 D100 with the original poly 318. The original carb is a stromberg ww3-204a. Other than possible changes to linkage, I would think this model carb would be the correct ww 3 for your truck. I also have a poly 318 in a '65 d200 without the original carb and I don't see any reason the ww3 wouldn't work in it.
kabdrvr
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

City: Newport Beach
State: CA

Previous

Return to **GENERAL TECHNICAL HELP**