Jack point locations

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Conrad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Jack point locations

Post by Conrad »

Hi all, Sorry but I can't find the answer in the owners manual and service manual... I am wanting to jack up the utiline with a lift, and am wondering what points I should be using to do this. I see the front jack points but there aren't any outriggers in the rear.

Also I'm guessing when people pull the front axle, they jack the truck up using the axle and then put the stands under the frame @ the front corners? I'd prefer to put the jack stands behind the front axle so I can extract the axle toward the front of the truck. Is there a preferable place to put the stands behind the front axle? Also same question for the rear, to put the stands in front of the rear so I can pull the rear out the back.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Jack point locations

Post by dodgeboykim »

Conrad wrote:Hi all, Sorry but I can't find the answer in the owners manual and service manual... I am wanting to jack up the utiline with a lift, and am wondering what points I should be using to do this. I see the front jack points but there aren't any outriggers in the rear.

Also I'm guessing when people pull the front axle, they jack the truck up using the axle and then put the stands under the frame @ the front corners? I'd prefer to put the jack stands behind the front axle so I can extract the axle toward the front of the truck. Is there a preferable place to put the stands behind the front axle? Also same question for the rear, to put the stands in front of the rear so I can pull the rear out the back.

Honestly I would use the appropriate spots to balance truck. Some 2 post lifts have extensions or adjustable pads to deal with frame height differences. As to where jack stands go. Where you need them for job at hand.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

GMAN69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by GMAN69 »

If you jack using front axle do not jack in center. Bends axle enough to effect front-end alignment. Cost me $90 to have my axle straightened years ago.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

GMAN69 wrote:If you jack using front axle do not jack in center. Bends axle enough to effect front-end alignment. Cost me $90 to have my axle straightened years ago.
Not the case with my D100 with the weight of a cummins 6bt on it. I lift it in the center and TRY to bend it cuz the alignment is way off. It won't bend!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
GMAN69 wrote:If you jack using front axle do not jack in center. Bends axle enough to effect front-end alignment. Cost me $90 to have my axle straightened years ago.
Not the case with my D100 with the weight of a cummins 6bt on it. I lift it in the center and TRY to bend it cuz the alignment is way off. It won't bend!
Terry,
Leave it in the sun longer. :joker

John

Conrad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Post by Conrad »

Thanks for the advice. :Thumbsup

As it turns out, the entire side of my truck jacks up just from that one location - a bit scary setting it up on jack stands like that, but works. :clap
Attachments
IMG_7104.jpg
IMG_7104.jpg (47.21 KiB) Viewed 336 times