First Year Cable Actuated Throttle Pedal?

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

First Year Cable Actuated Throttle Pedal?

Post by earlymopar »

I've been told that at some point in Sweptline history, a change was made from a throttle pedal with linkage to one that actuates a cable. I'd like to know what year this happened and if it was only on specific models or with certain engines.

Thanks,

- EM

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: First Year Cable Actuated Throttle Pedal?

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

69-71, all 100-300's.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

earlymopar wrote:I've been told that at some point in Sweptline history, a change was made from a throttle pedal with linkage to one that actuates a cable. I'd like to know what year this happened and if it was only on specific models or with certain engines.

Thanks,

- EM

I have swapped my 70 D500 (They still had linkage throttle) and my 66 W100 to cable throttle. My 66 I used a pedal assembly/cable from a 72/74 A body with small attacked pedal and my 70 D500 an assembly from a 74/76 Chrysler C body and used original floor mounted pedal. Both were easy swaps.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by earlymopar »

Helpful feedback guys. Kim you've done something pretty close to what I'm considering in my 65 Series I. In looking over my setup I prefer to use the original bottom mounted pedal but if would consider other pedals. From your conversion, it sounds like the 74/76 Chrysler C body may very well do that.

- EM

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by earlymopar »

I wanted to clarify that keeping an original style pedal and mounting is why I brought up the Sweptline cable pedal.

- EM

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

earlymopar wrote:I wanted to clarify that keeping an original style pedal and mounting is why I brought up the Sweptline cable pedal.

- EM

I may have another C body style if you need a pic of one. Just PM me your e mail. Just remind me what its for. :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.