**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
Grodr625
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Seattle
State: WA

Shop recommendations- Seattle

Post by Grodr625 »

Anyone out there know of any shops willing to work on my 65 S400 shorty bus? I am losing my driveway space and need the brakes gone through. I don't have the space nor time to even pull the drums to see what I'm working with. The bus has been in storage since the late '80s and presumably needs wheel cylinders and hoses at the very least. I am piecing the brake system back together replacing some hard line and a new MC. Also need new/used wheels (would like to get rid of split rims) and replacement tires.

My fingers are crossed that I can get the engine running, but even so there are a ton of unknowns: clutch/trans, rear end.

I can't find a shop willing to work on anything pre 1990. Any old school mechanics/shops anyone can recommend? I tried my luck at a truck repair shop called Duke's and they were not willing to touch it unless I was willing to tow it out of their yard if they can't finish the job. They were very apprehensive to even inspect it, they won't look at it unless it can drive there under its own power.

Did I bite off more than I can chew? Maybe, but I am willing to pay to have someone competent get her road ready.
1964 S400 318 poly 4 speed - Linda aka Big Booty Judy
Previous swepties:
1968 D100 318, Hardworking Herbert
1966 D100 318 poly 4 speed - Ginger/Sancha/CrucesCruiser
https://stavisaves.wordpress.com/