Stromberg WW carb accelerator pump help

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
demliag
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Stromberg WW carb accelerator pump help

Post by demliag »

I'm having a hard time figuring the proper arrangement of the accelerator pump for my Stromberg WW 3-283. I don't think the previous owner had it set up right, and the instructions I have show the accelerator pump as an assembly so it's hard to tell what order things go in. I have a picture showing what parts I have, attached. I know the check ball goes in first, then that pump rod, and then I assume the spring. But I can't figure out where the felt washer and the metal washer go. Do they go above the e-clip, but inside the air horn housing? And which one goes in first. Also, this video (https://youtu.be/_NgQUHd2Oks) shows some sort of collar (at the 1:10 minute mark) that goes in, but mine doesn't have it, am I supposed to? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Allen
accel pump.JPG

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Re: Stromberg WW carb accelerator pump help

Post by MadMC63 »

Looks pretty accurate in the picture. Very much like the Carter. Ball sits below the pump in a small hole. Spring slides over the pump. Felt washer next. The accelerator pump goes through the top plate followed by the metal washer then the pump arm and clip to keep it all together. I think.
As far as the video is concerned I would only use it as a reference. If you don't see the metal collar is it stuck in the top plate or does your top plate simply have a smaller hole just big enough for the accelerator pump rod to pass through. In the video the man says the felt washer goes on top of the spring right before the pump passes through the top plate and then the metal washer on the outside.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?