**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
JimmyMustang
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Oil Filter/Adapter Help - '66 D200

Post by JimmyMustang »

I need a little advice. I know this topic is really redundant but most of the threads I've found are quite a few years old and I haven't found an answer to my question.
Does my 318 poly need an adapter to run a regular spin-on oil filter? If so, where can I get one? (I thought I saw a post for one on eBay but I can't seem to find it again. It may have been on another forum.)
If not, do I need some kind of gasket or O-ring? and what kind of filter should I use?
The one thats on the truck now looks like a regular spin on type but before I go taking it off, I want to make sure I have what I need.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by JimmyMustang on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

powerwagon54
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Washougal
State: WA

Re: Oil Filter/Adapter Help - '66 D200

Post by powerwagon54 »

I have the adaptor if you need one.

JimmyMustang
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Post by JimmyMustang »

powerwagon54 wrote:I have the adaptor if you need one.
Thanks for the response.
When I bought the truck a couple months ago, I had the oil changed at a local shop and ended up with a big oil leak problem. The shop ended up having to order and put on some type of gasket. What I thought was going to be a quick oil change turned into a big week long headache.
The filter looks like a regular spin-on type. Without the adapter, would a spin on even fit? Do you happen to know what year dodge start using the spin-on type?
Does any of what I described make sense?
I'm concerned they may have done something to "Mickey Mouse" it and I don't want to pull it off and not have everything I need to get it back on the road.
I'll take your word for it. If you think I need the adapter, how much is it? I'd like to buy it.

powerwagon54
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Washougal
State: WA

Post by powerwagon54 »

pm sent

abodyjoe
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: s.jersey
State: NJ

Post by abodyjoe »

just pull the plate and nipple from any small block.