**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
Tiperoo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ontario, Canada
State: Foreign

Advice 63-71 crewcab 2wd on a 89-93 cummins 2wd swap

Post by Tiperoo »

Hello everyone..I am looking for advice..

Tiperoo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ontario, Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Advice 63-71 crewcab 2wd on a 89-93 cummins 2wd swap

Post by Tiperoo »

Sorry guys..new to this forum hit the enter button to quick by accident on last post..I would like to do a crewcab project as a driver and to pull a trailer..I would like to have a 63-71 crewcab 2wd on a 89-93 cummins 1st Gen diesel 2wd reg rear axle(3/4t) or 1t dually platform..and have original patina and a slight rat rod look to it..I do not have the trucks yet..that is why I want to ask here first..I like the look of the earlier sweptlines with the four headlights better but would do any year sweptline which ever would be the better candidate.I think the earlier grills would fit in the later sweptline anyway..if somebody could confirm that,that would be great..I am sure this has been hashed out before on this site but not sure what specific search to do as I am not quite sure what direction to take on this..I have heard of some talk of stub swaps and such but would not the whole 1st Gen frame and drivetrain be better? I think from my research so far that the wheelbase on the 63-71 crewcab sweptlines are 146"..I do not know the wheelbase lengths of the 1st Gen Cummins clubcabs or crewcabs..I also wonder if the 3/4ton regular 1st Gen frame is the same as the 1ton dually 1st Gen frame?..was wondering if it was an option (dually) with this swap.. I know I would have to modify/fabricate rear fenders with the dually option route...would auto or manual trans make a difference? leaning towards manually but auto would be fine also...it would be great to get any thoughts on if this is doable or not and what specific 1st Gen trucks would be best for this based on the different wheelbases, frames and suspensions? Any guidance or examples would be much appreciated..this site is awesome and thanks to all..

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Advice 63-71 crewcab 2wd on a 89-93 cummins 2wd swap

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »