**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Front end vibration

Post by slick »

As I was messing around trying to come up with a disc brake set up I noticed some imperfections in my front hub. These are some original hubs. I noticed while I was spinning the hub that they are very oblong. While on the truck this would be hard to notice. It made me wonder if the this would cause a front end vibration? If so, this is something that would easily be overlooked I think. Just throwing out an observation I noticed to possibly save someone a large headache one day. Watch the video and look at the hub around the bearing area...

1963 Crewcab Cummins
1961 Dodge D100
1964 Dodge Polara

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Front end vibration

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Would not be an issue if the lug studs are a perfect circle centered around the spindle and the hub weight is otherwise balanced to counter that casting imperfection. Think camshaft, crankshaft, fuel pump cam, etc.

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Post by MadMC63 »

If it worries you to much have the speed balance done. They balance the wheel while its attached to the vehicle eliminating any concern.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ

Post by slick »

Just an observation. I just never noticed or payed attention to it. I guess like you guys said as long as everything else is smooth and the bearing area is straight it would be fine..
1963 Crewcab Cummins
1961 Dodge D100
1964 Dodge Polara

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,

Post by JimE »

Slick, let me look around my garage I might have a spare hub and drum you can have. Jim
03 Hemi Ram 2500