**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Steering wheel help.

Post by MadMC63 »

I'm having a problem installing the steering wheel. I know it sounds goofy to have a problem with something so simple. I recently replaced the automatic shift collar ( housing 19-46-5). When I reassembled the column and installed the wheel I noticed a 1/4" gap between the dial housing (19-14-21) and the base of the wheel. I have ensured that the splines in the wheel and on the shaft are good and I have chased the threads of the column with a die. When looking at the steering shaft (19-15-4) I see two snap ring lands and have the snap ring installed in the land closest to the bearing, on top to keep shaft from dropping, farthest from the wheel down the shaft.. Is this snap ring in the wrong location? Looking at the parts illustration page I see two snap rings on the column. It looks like one snap ring is below the bearing and a second is above the bearing. The gap I'm seeing is roughly the same as the distance between snap rings. It only had one snap ring to begin with and now I'm wondering if I've pulled the shaft up to far.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Re: Steering wheel help.

Post by MadMC63 »

Please disregard!! :shame
I read my own post. Duh!!! :withstupid
The loose nut between the steering wheel and the seat has been resolved. :lol:
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?