**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
jpryorx2
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: atlanta
State: MI

crown vic swap hit a snag

Post by jpryorx2 »

hey guys i'm midway in a crown vic swap on my daughters truck and am having a little problem deciding how to go about mounting the lower control arm bushing/mounts. from the undercarriage pics i can find of crown vics the mount upright and a little angled towards the center of the car. but on every swap page i have found (which is in the 100's) everyone has mounted them flat . the hole thru the mount is a oval so it seems to me if i mount them flat the suspension would either bind or just wear out the mounts prematurely . what do you guys think? i am at a point that i can't go any further on the swap untill i notch the frame for these mounts as the studs are hitting her frame .

thanks
jason

jpryorx2
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: atlanta
State: MI

Re: crown vic swap hit a snag

Post by jpryorx2 »

i ended up talking to the mechanic at our local cop shop. he said since all the adjustmets are done by the lower control arm the rear mounts have to be mounted at the 35 degree angle or i would never be able to adjust the caster.so i guess thats how i'll be doing it. maybe this will help someone else out down the line.

jason