**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
HAIRYBIKINI
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Bakersfield
State: CA

How To, Stereo/Headunit Delete

Post by HAIRYBIKINI »

I have just completed my stereo installation which involved powering a stereo system with out a radio/head unit. I had several people ask how it was done, and I figured it would be easier to do a write up with an illustration breaking it down.
My instructions are merely for deleting your heading/radio, and assume majority if not all of you know how to power a car audio amp, and will be able to move forward with out my assistance from that point.
Please Note: With this setup I have no Radio! Everything is run off my phone via bluetooth. There is however a secondary head set jack plug in, where you can plug nearly anything into it.
I installed my receiver in the glovebox, along with a secondary USB plug/charger I epoxied into the glovebox.

I have provided an illustration breaking down how I installed the Bluetooth Receiver in lieu of the car stereo head unit.

I researched around for a Bluetooth reciever which had a built in headphone/audio amplifier, otherwise the audio will be limited in the volume controls as the output is intended for headphones. I had to look high and low for something that wouldn't break the bank, and the one I found was from Ebay for about $45 bucks, otherwise the others I found were over $100; this one seemed to meet all my needs. There are plenty to choose from.

Once you have found your receiver the chances are high it will be powered by a USB power supply.
You will need to get one of those small USB cigarette lighter chargers, and disassemble it.
In my diagram you will see where I indicate the soldering points for the 12v power supply and ground wire.
Once you have soldered these points in, you can now plug the positive into a 12v remote power supply point, and then ground the ground wire.
You should now have power to the receiver.

The next step is to use the "out" plug and plug in a headphone jack that splits into the audio RCA plugs.
These RCA plugs will go to your amplifier.

This is all you need to do! After this point it is the standard procedure of installing your amplifiers, then just sinc the bluetooth to your phone.

Feel Free to hit me with any questions or comments you may have.
Attachments
HOW TO.jpg

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Re: How To, Stereo/Headunit Delete

Post by slick »

Nice write up, thanks..
1963 Crewcab Cummins
1961 Dodge D100
1964 Dodge Polara

CupcakeMike
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wellsville
State: KS

Re: How To, Stereo/Headunit Delete

Post by CupcakeMike »

Shark (http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/) makes all kinds of stuff like this.

You can get a bluetooth receiver with power supply, aux in and 1000 watt amp all in the same box (about the size of a pack of smokes) for about $45