67 Fargo d100

builder
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: strathmore
State: Foreign

Re: well i picked up my sweptie

Post by builder »

WD wrote:Keep in mind that modern car oil will destroy your camshaft. Heavy duty oils only in your old engines... Rotella, any grade. Delo, Delvac, whatever the farm co-op, feed store, tractor dealership stocks. Car oil does not have enough zinc to protect vintage engines, to and including current production air cooled motorcycles.

I ran Delo 15W40 in my truck moving cross country in 2011. Fully laden, towing a horse trailer that weighs nearly what the truck does. That same oil is still honey colored, all this time later. Engine runs smoothly, does not smoke, has zero top end noise, even with over a ton loaded in the bed.

The right lubricants make a huge improvement to older vehicles. Marine grade grease, Diesel engine oil, the heaviest gear oil you can pump into the axle(s), 75W in the manual transmission, replace one bottle of Dexron-Mercon 3 with Type F in automatics...

I have diesel 40w in the motor now but it is only a flush oil it will be out soon. my funds are low so i am doing everything on the cheap as best as i can , USD is too high for me to afford as well as premium parts.