**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
jts3m4
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pella
State: IA

Cab support while replacing floors

Post by jts3m4 »

There's probably already a conversation out there, but I've had trouble finding it. How have you guys supported your cab (assuming it's off the frame) while you replace the cab mounts, floor pans, etc.?

I thought about making a jig that bolted in where the door hinges used to be on one side of the door frame and where the striker plate bolted in on the other side. Just looking for some suggestions.
1966 Dodge D100 2wd SWB
225 Six Cyl

acirco
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Blair
State: NE

Re: Cab support while replacing floors

Post by acirco »

I am eventually heading in that direction myself so I will hang with you on any of the more experienced members to reply.

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

I'll start it out for the guys here that have done this and someone else will probably chime in. The cab is pretty rigid even without floors or rockers. It would have to be in horrific condition to lose its integrity. Anyway I think you are suggesting a rotisserie. Most guys just probably set it on the ground and started cutting welding. Start by reading the build threads and and read the thread about starting a member build thread of your own.

vabchmopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: mesa
State: AZ

Post by vabchmopar »

I just finished rebuilding a 65 d100 utiline. The floor pans where rotten so I built a wooden cart to place the cab on. I used my engine hoist put a board between the inside of the cab roof and the arm of the hoist, lifted the cab off placed it on my cart. This allowed me to wield in new pans. I can send you a photo if you would like. It worked very well

jts3m4
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pella
State: IA

Post by jts3m4 »

A picture would be great. I have mine sitting on my rockers right now, they are very rusty so it looks like they are giving a little bit.
1966 Dodge D100 2wd SWB
225 Six Cyl

abody
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kissimmee
State: FL

Post by abody »

Te cab I have was separated from the frame, doors were off, so i gently rolled it onto its back, firewall straight up and had all the clearance in the world to work on the floors rockers etc.