carburator help

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
revelstone

carburator help

Post by revelstone »

my apologies in advance. a dodge parts man in utah told me about this site. i have a question about a :pale 1973 dodge w200. i know, i know, it's not a sweptline. but i'm desperate to know what carb came on this vehicle when it came off the assemply line. assuming of course, that it came stock and not special order. can any one help?

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

There are a lot of smart guys on this forum that can answer your question.I'll save them a step by asking,what engine you have and is it 2 or 4 barrel?

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

carb

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

some were with a Holley, and others with the AFB, the only two I know of but someone else will correct me.

Jeffc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jeffc »

It depends on were it was sold (i.e. Calif? add at least 2 more carbs because of emissions) but most came with one of 2 Carter 2bbls by 73, depending on engine
size. 4 bbls were optional and you will need someone with a Mopar Factory parts book to look up just what
could be ordered.
http://imageevent.com/jeffc
62 D100 225 3sp lwb
64 D100 A318 727pb custom lwb
66 D100 A318 4sp lwb
68 D100 B383 727 swb
65 Dart GT LA273 2bbl 904
73 Scamp 225 2bbl 4sp od
68 P300 318 727 base Oasis 22' RV
71 for sale D200 318 auto parts truck could be fixed compleat $400
Old iron or no iron!
One size does NOT fit all!

BigT

Post by BigT »

What size engine do you have BigT :lol:

revelstone

carburator help

Post by revelstone »

when i bought the 1973 in 2003 it had a carter bbd. that died. i found a holley 2210 at a junk yard rebuit it and now it's leaking from the bottom of the float bowl. plus, i'm sure my gas milage went down shortly after installing the holley. as for engine, the vin says 360, but how do i know the engine wasn't changed since 1973. i've looked in the 3 most popular places for the engine ID number, but after 2 years i've yet to find the engine size in the specified locations. i timed the engine as a 360 and as a 318. it actually runs better timed as a 318. go figure. i actually like my truck and have tried to keep it original when repairs were needed. but nine miles to the gallon, with fuel seeping on the intake manifold, is a good reason for a new carb, especially at 2.21 a gallon. any more ideas out there. so far, your responces are helping. :clap

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

carb

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

revelstone
I have an 83 D150 with the 318 and the Holley 2bbl that had gotten 9 miles to the gallon since I bought it and had it rejetted and smaller and mileage went from 9 mpg to 12mpg in the city! sounds like time for a rebuild

revelstone

carburator

Post by revelstone »

Well, it turns out that even though my truck is a 1973, the vin number claims it's a sweptline also. the things we learn just getting out of bed in the morning! see what happens when you read the manual. :study

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

dodge still lists thier fleet side trucks as sweptlines :Thumbsup guess the name just stuck. as far as carbs go, id ditch the factory carb in favor of a speed shop unit. edelbrock makes a very good product, as does the holley street avenger line. both in 2bbl and 4bbl. plus they will hook up to all the stock stuff with little effort. best part is they are new, and not rebuilds like youll get from the parts house. plus the tuning options on aftermarket carbs are way better then any factory set up :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100