color ID help please

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
vance4
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

color ID help please

Post by vance4 »

Can anyone tell me for sure what color (or colors.... same?) the two cars are in the photos below? It seems to me (according to the two paint chip sheets), that they are Citron Yella (aka Curious Yellow). But everytime I see a car that indicates that it is painted in "Curious Yellow", it just looks plain old yellow, not the greenish-yellow like is on these cars. If anyone can tell me for sure, I would really appreciate it.
car 1.....

car 2..... this one may also be the same color .......

Dodge paint chart.... http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/sea ... e-pg01.jpg citron yellow y-3 2320

Plymouth paint chip.... http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/sea ... h-pg01.jpg curious yellow y-3 2320

The pictures are linked directly from North GA Mopar Club, so I hope it is ok to put them here.
If not the moderator can change them back to a link.

Thanks!!
Last edited by vance4 on Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1963 D300 flatbed
1964 D100 stepside
1967 W200 longbed
1969 W200 crewcab shortbed
1971 D100 shortbed (current project)
1974 Cuda
2002 Dakota Quad

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Looks like willow green to me.

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

Lime green
ENJOY LIFE, --- It's the longest thing anyone ever does-- --

When seconds count, Help is only minutes away-----------------

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

those are the colors of the 70's
plum crazy,
lemon twist yellow,
lime green
ENJOY LIFE, --- It's the longest thing anyone ever does-- --

When seconds count, Help is only minutes away-----------------

vance4
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by vance4 »

I haven't seen lemon-twist yellow on the paint charts, so I don't know....... I still think on the charts it looks like citron yellow. I wish someone knew for sure. Thanks for the replies.
1963 D300 flatbed
1964 D100 stepside
1967 W200 longbed
1974 Cuda
2002 Dakota Quad

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Both Dodge & plymouth used the same #'s for the same color, BUT called them by different names , I was at a car/bike show a few weeks ago & found this out from a lady who had a cuda & a charger the same color , she had factory pics of both & they listed the color names different but the same code#'s , so pick eather name they both are right :Thumbsup
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

vance4
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by vance4 »

Cowboy, thanks for the reply, but I guess I did not make myself clear. I realize that Citron Yella and Curious Yellow are the same color. I just am not sure if the cars pictured are even painted that color. I am trying to pin down the exact color for sure. Thanks!!
1963 D300 flatbed
1964 D100 stepside
1967 W200 longbed
1974 Cuda
2002 Dakota Quad

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

What you have to realize is that when paint is mixed to the specs (at a paint shop), guys tend to not be exact with thier mixes, because they know that you are painting the whole car and not just a panel. In other words, it is probably the Citron Yellow, but it may have a bit more yellow tint, or more green tint than it should. If you really like this color, you need to find the guy that owns the Challenger and ask him the color. OR better yet, look at the paint code on the metal tag to be 100% sure. This is the only way for sure that you're going to find the exact color of these two cars. With all the colors out there in the paint industry, who's to say these cars were painted the colors that you see here. The Challenger could have been white... or the 67 could have been red... Who knows for sure. This is just my opinion on this. I also seen this post over on Norms site too. I am not sure that Dodge even offered this color in 67. Looks too bright for then. Just my :2cents

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

vance4
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by vance4 »

What it all boils down to is that I really like the color Citron Yella (aka Curious Yellow) as pictured on the color charts below. These two vehicles appear to me to be that color. I am just asking if anyone knows for sure if they truly are Citron Yella (aka Curious Yellow). I think, I will just go get a small can mixed and then I can be sure.........
1963 D300 flatbed
1964 D100 stepside
1967 W200 longbed
1974 Cuda
2002 Dakota Quad

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

You are right Vance, that is a cool color, and I think it would look wild on a Sweptline :Thumbsup I know that the paint distributer near me (RM/Glasurit/BASF) does/can mix 1/2 pint cans (on Some colors depending on formulas). So, that is a great idea. Get some and spray a panel and see if you really like it. I think I am finally understanding your original question. Basically, you want to know if anyone is personally "Familier" with this Citron Yella color.

Jim

PS, I am not familier with this color... Panther pink, yes, Plum crazy yes, but not this yella. :lol:
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489