slant 6 carbs

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
cool63

slant 6 carbs

Post by cool63 »

I've found some carb adapters on eBay that will adapt a 2bbl carb and an adapter that will mount 2 x 2bbl carbs to my stock 1bbl intake. What are your thoughts on these setups?

My gut feeling says to stay with the stock carb or maybe a single 2bbl, but the dual carb setup would look waay cool. My truck is to be more of a "rat rod" type truck than actually using it for hauling anything heavy. Thanks guys.

Post by Guest »

Carb adaptors generally aren't worth the hassle. If you want dual carbs or a single 4bbl, get hold of Cliffords Research. Best 6 cylinder parts available. Lots of /6 stuff.
-WD

cool63

Post by cool63 »

Yeah, I used to own a '68 Ford truck with a tricked out 300-6. Clifford intake, headers Isky cam, Holley 450 carb. It looked really great, but didn't run any better than with the stock 1 bbl.... Go figure. Looking back, I don't think it had the right valve springs though.

I just thought I would see if anyone had ever used one of the adapters I'm taling about. I don't really want to get into changing too much on this motor. It runs good, but the carb does need a rebuild.

The motor will not start without a little squirt of starting fluid when it is cold.

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

just find you a stock 2bbl set up from the mid 70's to mid 80's both car & truck will interchange , you will notic the difference :Thumbsup
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Daddiojoe
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Daddiojoe »

http://www.slantsix.org is THE place to go for help with this stuff. They've got a nice article about how to switch from a single barrel to a two barrel. You can generally get the carb and both manifolds for around or under $200.

I did the super six swap and it helped some. The dual carb set up is indeed cool, but of course twice as hard to keep tuned.

Best of luck,

Joe
1971 4-eyed Shortbed D100 225 /6 727 AT 3.23 rear running on Sweet Lady Propane