front disk brakes.

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
Andrew

front disk brakes.

Post by Andrew »

has anyone used the brake setup at uglytruckling, i was thinking yesterday, about getting a five lug front axle for my D200 using the stock d200 springs, and just changing the axle so i could use front disks. i was also thinking about getting drilled and or sloted roters. has anyone done this? i just wanna know if it would be worth what it will cost me. i just dont wanna have to much power, and not enough braking time. THANKS!

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

i have the AAJ set-up on my parts pile. UglyTruckling does not have a D200 setup but Roger at AAJ Brakes said he could make on to fit the big trucks if there was enough interest - http://www.aajbrakes.com

Ben
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

well i have looked at both, and it looks like the uglytruckling brakes are cheeper, mabey a little more work, but im on a tight budget. i plan on using a 1/2 ton front axle anyway, just carry two spares on big trips..

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CSS-Registry »

Andrew wrote:well i have looked at both, and it looks like the uglytruckling brakes are cheeper, mabey a little more work, but im on a tight budget. i plan on using a 1/2 ton front axle anyway, just carry two spares on big trips..
last time i talked to Ugly Truckling he was not making anymore and was moving out of the country. i wanted to buy his setup and couldn't wait so that is why i went with the AAJ setup. it is an easy install and he'll customize a kit to fit your budget - i HIGHLY recomend AAJ brakes over Ugly Truckling for two reason:
1 - After purchase support - Roger went above and beyond on helping me fit the parts to my axle and gave some great advice on getting the parts to fit properly.
2 - very accessible and returns emails with a one on one phone call. Ugly Truckling rarely returned my emails in a timely manner.

in my opinion customer service is worth every penny of a premium price paid.

:2cents
Custom Sports Special
R E G I S T R Y

D200

Post by D200 »

I've got a '63 D200 with the 8 lug wheels and would be very interested in a disk brake set-up without having to swap to 5 lugs per wheel. Any idea how many "interested" people would be needed for AAJ to manufacture a kit for us? :thinking

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CSS-Registry »

i'd say start a post on this site and give roger a call to see what it would take and how many would be SERIOUSLY interested. roger seems like a reasonable guy.

Ben
Custom Sports Special
R E G I S T R Y

MoparDude427
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Diego
State: CA

Post by MoparDude427 »

i've got a couple d200 and would be interested in at least one disk brakes set up, maybe 2.

tragic59
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by tragic59 »

Sign me up for SERIOUS interest in the D200 set-up.

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CSS-Registry »

looks like there's at least three people who'd like them. armed with that who's going to contact Roger at AAJ? http://aajbrakes.com/

Ben
Custom Sports Special
R E G I S T R Y

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

ok, found out aaj is right across the river from me in portland. i gave him a call, were gunna try to set up a meeting to look at the spindle on my 70. if bracketry will mount up we have something. so basically ill keep yall posted!

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CSS-Registry »

roger's a great person to deal with, in my experience. please keep us posted and tell him Ben from Gainesville, FLA says "howdy"!

Ben
Custom Sports Special
R E G I S T R Y