Tailgate picture

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
6man71

Tailgate picture

Post by 6man71 »

Does anyone have a picture of what a 1971 d-300 long box stepside would look like?When I bought the truck it had a 10 1/2 foot camper on it and no gate. Clay

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Your topic says tailgate picture and your post asks
for a picture of a long Utiline box.... which would
you like? :thinking
John

6man71

Post by 6man71 »

:banghead Sorry about that.I am looking for a picture of the tailgate.It is a long box,stepside,wood floor. Is the utiline the stepside box? Clay

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

It is the standard 1948-85 stepside tailgate. In 71, it would have been smooth, no stamped in letters, or had "Dodge Ram" stamped on it in small letters. Any of the stepside high side box gates will fit and look fine. Some are end only hinged, some have end and center hinges. My 49 has end only hinges, but the lower valance panel is set up for the center hinge as well (and the valance is factory, the center hinge came out in the 60s). Can occasionally find perfect gates around here if you can't find one. They average $100 bucks, so if you can find one close to home, do so.
-WD
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Utiline is the Dodge name for the step side box.
John

6man71

Post by 6man71 »

:salut Thanks for the info.I hope to find one this summer.It needs a gate to hold the bed sides together,it rides like there is no rear springs and the box started to crack where it meets the floor.It rode great with a 10 1/2 foot camper on it. clay