Worth the hassle?

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
clapped out 69

Worth the hassle?

Post by clapped out 69 »

80s D150 parts truck. No seat, bad 318. 4wd. Good everything else. PS/PB/good electrical, new alternator, flocooler pump. Lift kit. Big bolt pattern 5 lug. Tilt column. 727 and t-case.50 bucks I drag off, 100 bucks they deliver.

Everything will fit. Engineering the later PS into a Swept isn't that hard. Ditto the PB. Neither is a harness transplant. Or the seatbelts. Or the 4X stuff.

What would you guys do? I have 2 days to decide or it gets dumped at the boneyard. I need answers, and I need them fast.

clapped out 69

Post by clapped out 69 »

It's a Prospector 8 ft bed standard cab.

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

cant beat the price, i persoanlly would go thru that much effort to swap the swept to the 4x4 frame. :2cents
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

Houston, we are go for lift off!
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

mopar-maniac

Post by mopar-maniac »

Do it! Even if you just strip what you need and sell the rest as scrap, you'll still come out even. If it was close to me, I'd do it.

clapped out 69

Post by clapped out 69 »

It is supposed to be delivered to my door Thursday or Friday. If everything checks out okay, I'll pull the harness, the powertrain, the seatbelts, and anything else I think dould remotely be adapted to work on a Swept. Delivery includes the use of a mechanic for the day, and a licensed hulk hauler to haul off the unneeded pieces. Don't hink I can beat that deal. It's nice to have a mechanical moron for a neighbor. His mechanic friends are big time into old trucks, cutting me deals faster than I could ever hope to come up with the money for all of the choices. God, I hope the truck has usable t-case, axles, brakes and driveshafts. I can get everything for less than the cost os a junkyard Adventurer bench bucket seat if it's decent. Wish me luck.

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

wise deal you made , like posted above you can stripe it & sell the rest for scrape , as it go's for $3. a hundred lb here so you have all the 4x4 stuff & your money back what a deal :Thumbsup :lol:
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Fargo_Kid

Post by Fargo_Kid »

hey what kinda grill is on that thing i need a grill for my 80, if its got the one with the single round head lights i'll take the grill off that truck if you want to sell it.