lower chrome trim removal

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
Andrew

lower chrome trim removal

Post by Andrew »

ok, i was working on this today, and im afraid to break them, due to the facts: im poor, and i like the looks pretty good. i thought i knew how but i dont. i just need some pointers...

also, is there anywhere i can buy new plastic clips??? thanks for the help!

Floorguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Yes

Post by Floorguy »

Andrew, they can break upon removal as some of mine did. I found that they need to be pressed down and they pop off(from the bottom first). Problem is, the plastic is so old, they still break sometimes. Bummer. As for new replacements, I've been looking for over a year and have come up short. Restoration Specialties doesn't even carry them. Also, I'm still looking for any good used ones, but no luck... :pale

Good Luck! :Thumbsup

By the way, is Vancover anywhere near Marysville? My Grandmother is still up there. That's where my truck came from before I restored it.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

honestly, i have never heard of marysville, vancouver is right across the river from portland oregon, I205 and I5 literaly cut through it if your looking at a map.

well i started working on these, they dont seem to bad, i have mabey three or four broken ones, and a buncha good ones. ill head up to the all mopar junk yard when i can and just start grabbin, depending on what i find, ill get with ya and get you some, if i can find some good ones....

thanks for the help!!!

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Marysville is up north. Above Seattle. Closer to Vancouver B.C. than Vancouver WA.

Post a pic of the trim clips you need. Odds are, I know somewhere up here to get them.
-WD
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

centralwildcat
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

speaking of restoration specialties

Post by centralwildcat »

I called them about chrome body moulding clips for my 65 and they said to send in a clip, and they would try to match it up with existing stock or maybe make a new one... theres hope yet!!!
PS Marysville is just North of Everett, in Snohomish County...about 45mins north of Seattle