Rear view mirrors

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
Davie

Rear view mirrors

Post by Davie »

Anyone have or know where I can get a set of the '70 outside rear view mirrors from the Adventurer series. (3 screw with the 6x8" or so mirror). Someone directed me to a Power Wagon website who was supposed to be re-fabbing them, but when I called, they said they did not come out right and didn't know when they would be attempting them again.

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

davie :welcome to the site , & on those mirrors you just have to keep looking as they pop up every now & then on ebay or here , but be ready to pay top doller as a lot of folks are also looking :banghead good luck hunting
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

scoutski
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by scoutski »

Found a Truck yesterday that has them but the owner wants to sell the whole truck. It is very rusty but their are still a bunch of good parts on it. If I can get it at a decent price I'll buy the whole dang thing and part it.
Bill
Scoutski
68 W200 PW (sold to Big-J)with a 76 200 por nada
77 Scout II Original
74 Scout II SSII clone
69 800 Gold Key
65 80-800 parts
68 1300 PU with venerable 266
76 Scout II XLC parts truck
55 R110 PU parts???

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

if you find more than one set please email me. i have the huge door killers on my truck right now, really ruins the look of anything. the trucks at my work litteraly have smaller mirrors.

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

andrew,big swap meet coming up at the end of the month.you can tag along if you'd like. last year there were some dodge parts so i should'nt be to hard to find mirrors :Thumbsup
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

wheres this swap meet at? id love to go just tell me when and where!

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

there is one at the PIR and one at the expo center. on the same weekend.i plan on going to both.dont know the exact dates yet but i know it is the end of march start of april. most likely that weekend in between :Thumbsup
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

Post by Guest »

Have the stems and bases off a 69. They aren't chrome though. Crappy white (looks like latex) paint, minor pitting. Round stainless steel heads, okay glass, generic parts store type. I'll dig them out. Won't be available until they are body worked and primed. I refuse to send out what I consider junk. Give me about a month to find/fix them up.

Can also make a couple custom sets using D300/400 mirrors. Same bolt spacing, but split in the center for adjustable big rig type arms/heads. Be willing to restem them with shorter pieces and round or rectangle heads. Might look okay. Otherwise, they'll just stay on the shelf until I find a decent D300 cab to work with.

I stumble across parts sources from time to time. I'll keep an eye out for more of the 3 hole mirrors. Local dealership has a bunch of NOS Swept stuff, I'll check there too.