**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

What headers will work?

Post by cudajimmy »

I'm gonna put some exhaust on my 69 Powerwagon w/ 318 next week. Wondering of the 72 and up truck headers, or maybe the a body headers will work. Anyone know?
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

moparscott

power wagon headers

Post by moparscott »

hi guys hedman and hooker are the only two mainline guys offering headers
for our trucks 79010 for the smallblock 2and 4 wheel drive. these are the cheaper headers hooker supercomps are also available fit better but very expensive in comparison. these guys are pretty smart and have done manytest fits.so i think if another header would fit tey would not make two. other headers may fit with mods.but for a direct as possible job stay with the books listmy71 d100 has the hedmans fit ok.

powerwagontony

Post by powerwagontony »

I just put a set of hedmans on my 67w200 with a 318 and it was no prob

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

Tony, how far from Custer are you?
Would like to get some sweptlines together at Custer State Park for a camp out this spring say early June.
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

I have hedman on my 69 318 3spd , but they came off a 73 duster , fit like block huggers & had to have a S shape pipe made to go under the crossmember 2-1/2 in pipe all the way to in front of rear wheels :Thumbsup
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

powerwagontony

Post by powerwagontony »

From Rapid City which is basically next to Custer is like 3 1/2 hours. I won't be home on leave until July though. I do have a friend that lives in Spearfish and maybe I could see what I could work out to come up there. Right now I'm not sure how my schedule is gonna be while home on leave. The first day I'm home I gotta pick up a Harley in Sioux Falls SD, the second day I've gotta go to Grand Island NE to get my 67D200 from my uncles. I'll have to play it by ear but I would love to come up to the hills in July if I have time. I'll keep it in mind and when we get closer to my leave I'll talk to my buddy about it. With any luck my parents will go to my aunt and uncles to get my pickup before I go on leave. If we do get together it would be somewhere around mid July. I'll keep ya in mind and posted.
Thanks Tony

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

Souds good I could probably make it up there for a long weekend.
Ken
68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed

64d100

Post by 64d100 »

those headers say they are for a 68-71 i havent really seen any differences in the engine compartment so will they work on a 64 with a 318

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

64d100 not if you have the poly 318 , but if you have the la318 they will
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE