poly manifold

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

poly manifold

Post by meangreen »

does edelbrock make a 4 bbl. manifold for a poly engine??if so, how much? my carburetor is completely dead and keeps shooting gas everywhere :banghead it will not start and my mechanic is being really flakey.i figure that because i already have a 4 bbl. carb from my old engine,i should just get a new manifold instead of wasting money on the new carb.does that make sense??any help is appresiated :salut
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Try Offenhaueser. They made intakes for everything at one time or another.

Have seen one 318 poly 4bbl intake from the aftermarket. Believe the guy wanted 3 bills for it. And it was not pretty. I'll see if he still has it.
-wd

mesman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Largo, Fl
State: FL

Post by mesman »

Meangreen, I looked at one point for a four barrel setup for my poly. I found a couple, but like WD said, they want about $300 a piece for them. I believe Eldelbrock made one that was a high rise.
I always wanted to be a BEACH BUM!

Post by Guest »

That three bills was for a USED manifold. :pale That was chalky. And had all the identifying marks ground off from previous polishing sessions, I'd guess in the early 60s. My grandfather had a four barrel on the poly 318 in his 60 D100 swept. (Yes the name came out in the late 50s) The truck lived at my uncle and aunt's place in Gladstone, Oregon the last I heard. The poly was swapped out for a later 318 several years ago, but knowing Mark, the old engine is in the garage. Next to a perfect 68 Dart /6 that got yanked in favor of a plate mounted 440. I'll check, but it's a mini 4bbl on it, probably 450-500 cfm. Not sure a TQ or Quadrapuke would mount up. I seem to remember the manifold taking a 312 Thunderbird type carb (you know, Y-block Ford, for my money the best rear distributor design engine, ever). But, I haven't seen the truck in years, who knows.
-WD

Oh, if you need a new mill, there's a 66 318 poly in the yard down the road. Smokes a bit, but runs strong. He wants $450 for it. Has a decent 4 spd behind it.

Post by Guest »

:withstupid I can also hook you up with an early baby poly or two. 315 cid, 240 (?)cid for the early semi-auto trans, a set of baby Hemi heads and intake (upper intake, no valve covers or valley plate) displacement unknown. Also have access to a 392 Hemi with synchro 4spd that came out of a custom PW schoolbus show rig. You pick up. It all goes to the shredder on Sunday. :pale Buddy is cleaning out the barn, I got nowhere to store the stuff. :censored He may keep the 392/4spd, but the rest is going. I can't use any of it. No funds to swap the 392 into my other truck. Would love to have the 6 volt poly, but can't find the right trans to go behind it.
-WD

Jeffc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jeffc »

Wieand is the only new 4v poly intake made and should be able
to be had at or though any parts store, including
jegs and summit (there in the Holley book since Wieand is owned by Holley), should be a little over $200 new.
The Wieand it a low rise high rise alum intake. The offy and elde both
made one at one time, 2x3 intakes too, but there hard to find and not cheap when found.
If your carb is crapped out, replace the carb, not the
intake. If it is a Eldenbrock or Carter it will have the mount holes to fit the old intake, just need to use a spacer under it so the butterfly valves don't hit the
side of the intake holes. I run a Eldenbrock 500cfm
on my castiron 4v intake with a spacer on my truck
poly.
If you have a 2v carb, I also have one that you can
use if you want to stop by.
Come talk to me frist before you go spending a lot of
bucks...........

If anyone has a old WCFB Carter (the small square bore
small cfm carbs) do not toss it, I will give you a fair price
depending on what shape it is in!!!!!$50 to $150
as long as it is not compleat trash.
http://imageevent.com/jeffc
62 D100 225 3sp lwb
64 D100 A318 727pb custom lwb
66 D100 A318 4sp lwb
68 D100 B383 727 swb
65 Dart GT LA273 2bbl 904
73 Scamp 225 2bbl 4sp od
68 P300 318 727 base Oasis 22' RV
71 for sale D200 318 auto parts truck could be fixed compleat $400
Old iron or no iron!
One size does NOT fit all!

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

jeff, that would be awesome.i really do need it.how much do you want for it???it is either that or i have to buy a carb from dustys for $130.just tell me a price and ill swing buy whenever your available :Thumbsup
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

looked up those weiand manifolds for a poly $340. looks like i got some saving to do.came home earlier and my dad suprised me with a new carb.for my motor :Thumbsup thanks anyway for the offer jeff. it is really appersiated :salut
DeviantS c.c.

1970 d-100

Jeffc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jeffc »

Check with Summit on a price for the intake, you will
get your best price though them1-800-230-3030.

I can let you have the carb pretty cheap, check your
pesonal messages.
http://imageevent.com/jeffc
62 D100 225 3sp lwb
64 D100 A318 727pb custom lwb
66 D100 A318 4sp lwb
68 D100 B383 727 swb
65 Dart GT LA273 2bbl 904
73 Scamp 225 2bbl 4sp od
68 P300 318 727 base Oasis 22' RV
71 for sale D200 318 auto parts truck could be fixed compleat $400
Old iron or no iron!