**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
bustedbudget
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 22657

What's it worth d600

Post by bustedbudget »

Hello,

Got a question about a truck, not a sweptline but close in years. Got a 1977 d-600 that used to be a utility/fire/rescue truck.
I took the utility bed off for another project. I had thought about putting a dump bed on it but have no real use for it, as we have bigger dump trucks already. The cab is in great shap as it was keeped in fire department building it has 318 with 5 speed the frame rails are about 12' from back of cab I beleive. It is in really good shape for its age the dash has several switch panles added in for lights and such. It is red and white.

My question is, what do you think it would be worth. Is there any way anyone is going to be intersed in buying this thing.

I am on the east side of the map.

mowingman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Denton, Tx.

Re: What's it worth d600

Post by mowingman »

Not much demand for those. I see them on Ebay a lot, and usually they don't even get a bid. I suggest you list it for $1500.00, and then take whatever offer you get, if you even can get an offfer. Good luck.
Jeff
1979 Plymouth Trailduster, 360/auto.
1989 W150 Power Ram shortbed pickup, 318/auto.
1970 W200 Power Wagon long/wide bed, 383/4spd.

OregonDodgeboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Nampa, Idaho

Post by OregonDodgeboy »

It's completely worthless. The best thing to do is to load it on a transporter and send it to me so I can get rid of it for you. :lol: :joker

Seriously now, it sounds like a craigslist kind of thing to me. Get a truck trader at your local mini-mart and compare similar trucks. I think $1500 might be a good price, especially how the fire departments typically care for their vehicles. But I'd price it according to what they go for in your area. Unfortunately, not much is moving right now due to the economy, so be prepared to either have it a while or sell it real cheap.
Jeff Easterbrook
66 D100 440/727 on 72 IFS chassis
67 W200 440/4-sp. Resting
76 IH Scout II
81 MB 240D

http://www.jeasterbrook.usana.com

Frame swap Q & A guy :Thumbsup

HEtkind
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Johnson City, Tennessee

Post by HEtkind »

it would be a handy farm truck with a big flat bed or stake body on it, IF one could afford the gas and tires...
Howard
Johnson City, Tennessee
62 Dodge D100 Town Wagon
62 Dodge M-37
68 Dodge D100 Utiline
2007 Dodge Ram 1500ST