**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
littlestone
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Odessa
State: Foreign

rear sway bar 1970 sweptline

Post by littlestone »

Hello would any one know of a sway bar that would fit the rear of a 1970 w200 sweptline with the arms / or link ends going to the back of the vehicle?
I have been trying to find information on sway bar sizes like the width of them but all i seem to find is the bar diameter. I do know the rear sway bar off 2022 dodge ram is to wide. Thank you for any help.

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Re: rear sway bar 1970 sweptline

Post by earlymopar »

I can't speak to a 1970 but I would suspect the frame width to be the same or similar as my early 65'. I went through this issue several years ago by taking a tape measure to the local wrecking yard and measuring what I felt I needed for my truck. I found that S-10 / S-15 Chevy and GMC were pretty much spot-on in terms of width and the length of the arms I wanted. After that discovery, I was fortunate to have found a GMC Cyclone / Chevy Typhoon there that had larger diameter anti-sway bars than the re gular S-10 / S-15. I bought that bar, mounted it to my rear axle housing with U-bolts and then simply added the correct end links to mate up to my frame. In all, I only had to fab two simple 90-degree brackets that mount to the frame and drilled (4) holes for mounting them.

Keep in mind that the rear bar needs to work with whatever front bar you have. Up to a point, the real gains in the suspension on our trucks are made in the front. I would not advocate a rear bar until the OEM front bar has been sufficiently up-sized.

BigBlockTrucks
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Binghamton
State: NY

Post by BigBlockTrucks »

I would say the frame width is the same. Up until at least the mid eighties.
My 65 w200 has two axles from a 1980 w300 in it and a hitch from a 86 d100.
If I wanted a rear sway bar I would look for a 2wd ramcharger as a donor.
Late 65 w 200.
Factory LU-2 winch.
Updates: 205 transfer case,4.10 gears, disc brake Dana 60 front with lock out hubs
440 repower in the works

60 d100
383 with 727
4 wheel disc
3.73 geared rear

littlestone
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Odessa
State: Foreign

Post by littlestone »

Thank you for the information earlymopar Would you happen to know what years might fit? All the wreckers around here stopped letting you go back in the yard years ago which makes looking for stuff much harder.LOL

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by earlymopar »

I would think that any S-10 / S-15 would fit as the frames remained the same width throughout the production of those trucks.