Fender removal question

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wooster
State: OH

Fender removal question

Post by drewvirgili »

Hello! I know all of the bolts that need to come out in order to remove the fenders. However, my question is do I need to prop up the hood hinges at all once they're removed? My only thought is that there is a bolt that goes through the hinge and into the fender so I wasn't sure if it was supporting part of the hood or not? Thanks in advance everyone!

BigBlockTrucks
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Binghamton
State: NY

Re: Fender removal question

Post by BigBlockTrucks »

As long as the firewall is structurally sound I would do it without any bracing.
Late 65 w 200.
Factory LU-2 winch.
Updates: 205 transfer case,4.10 gears, disc brake Dana 60 front with lock out hubs
440 repower in the works

60 d100
383 with 727
4 wheel disc
3.73 geared rear

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

BigBlockTrucks wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:55 pm
As long as the firewall is structurally sound I would do it without any bracing.
Thank you very much for your response! I will investigate just to make sure but by all accounts thus far it looks to be sound so I should be good…..hopefully lol. Thanks again!

sledgehammer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: puyallup,wa

Post by sledgehammer »

I had my fender off with no issue, hood left on. Pain to separate it from the radiator core support on my truck though.

drewvirgili
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by drewvirgili »

Thank you everyone! I almost have the passenger side fender off. A couple of the U clip nuts snapped off because they are rusted so that's always fun :banghead . I will deal with that this weekend and then hopefully have at least the passenger side off. Then clean up and patch some areas and do some painting and such. Much appreciated again!

I love these trucks!!!