1971 sweptline headliner panel removal

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Dale
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Middlefield
State: OH

1971 sweptline headliner panel removal

Post by Dale »

Hello everyone! So a while back I scored a fantastic Grote replacement cab lights out of California, original equipment. I have been wondering what is the best way to remove the headliner panel to access the cab light mounts. Seems simple, but I don't want to wreck it taking it down. Thanks!
1971 Dodge W100

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Re: 1971 sweptline headliner panel removal

Post by martincom »

I've never actually seen a cab with them. However, I'm pretty sure they would mount forward, over the top of the front steel head panel. So removing the headliner wouldn't do anything for you. I would assume you could do everything but wire routing from the top.

I just had an old factory radio retrofitted with new electronics which included handsfree cell phone bluetooth. So I installed the microphone for that on the inside edge of the front steel head panel, above the rear view mirror. I was able to fish the wire from there to the sun visor mount opening with a stiff steel rod (old CB radio ant mast) and from there down to just above the upper door hinge. There's a grommet from there that the dome lamp wiring passes through.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Dale wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:37 pm
Hello everyone! So a while back I scored a fantastic Grote replacement cab lights out of California, original equipment. I have been wondering what is the best way to remove the headliner panel to access the cab light mounts. Seems simple, but I don't want to wreck it taking it down. Thanks!
The std headliner is a fabric that is glued to the roof. It is not removable. Adventurer trucks have a hardboard liner that is attached with screws and aluminum edge molding. Self evident on how to remove that style. Anything other than those would be an aftermarket install and anybody's guess on how it was done.

Dale
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Middlefield
State: OH

Post by Dale »

Thanks! The one I got looks like a recovered vinyl, black. Probably not factory, but don't have trim holding it up. Wile back, a few years...I got a fantastic set of cab lights included was the new original replacement lens from off a dodge 500 truck.
1971 Dodge W100

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

Dale wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:03 am
Thanks! The one I got looks like a recovered vinyl, black. Probably not factory, but don't have trim holding it up. Wile back, a few years...I got a fantastic set of cab lights included was the new original replacement lens from off a dodge 500 truck.

Those lights are mounted forward over the inner panel edge. Do not show inside at all.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.