Headliner Installed

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
jimharold
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Chelan
State: WA

Headliner Installed

Post by jimharold »

Hey All,

Just wanted to say Happy 4th and show that I finally installed my headliner. My cab has damage from the first owner and I think if I strip the paint I will find Bondo. The inside lip for the headliner foam and fabric to tuck under is all different sizes. So I had to put wood blocks in for something to screw into. If the glue bond fails I'll tack weld small tubing in place and screw into them. But that is Plan "B" just in case. Used finish washers to match my door panels. Lets see how it holds up over time.

Talk at you all later,
Jimharold
headliner July 22'.jpg

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Headliner Installed

Post by Hobcobble »

Looks great! :clap :Thumbsup

John

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

COOL! :salut
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

sledgehammer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: puyallup,wa

Post by sledgehammer »

Very nice. What did you use as the frame? And material?

jimharold
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Chelan
State: WA

Post by jimharold »

Hey Sledgehammer sorry for the slow response.
I used a sheet of 1/4" plywood and stripes of thin metal for the over lap along the edge. Glued and screwed the metal so I had a 1/2" of metal hanging out past the wood. So the wood fit into the opening and the metal kept it flush. Then some thin foam and vinyl glued onto it and wrapped over the edge for a tidy look. I had to measure each place for the screws so the wood block would allow the panel to sit flush. The roof was not even and needed adjusting of block thickness. Then stainless steel screws and finish washers to match the door panels. And the screws had to be measured also so they would not poke out the roof. Lot of work but it is done and I should not have to mess with it for many years. Good luck on your project if this fails me I'll post again and try something different. Maybe a metal tubing frame instead to fix the wood to and tack weld it in place. Weld would be hidden under the metal overhang and vinyl.

Jimharold