62 D200 Front cab mount bushings/washers advice

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
wre805
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Santa Ynez
State: CA

62 D200 Front cab mount bushings/washers advice

Post by wre805 »

I am replacing the floor pans in my 62 D200. They are basically gone from below the firewall back to where they "jump up" under the seat.

While I have all this easy access I would like to redo the bolts and bushings on the front cab/frame mounts. The old bolts/bushings/washers are a rusted mess and I can't even tell what order they went in, what thickness things were. I think the mount points themselves have enough good metal to survive, but it's hard to tell at the moment.

Is there a good pic anywhere of a really clean front cab mount, that shows the bushings and washers? Or better yet list dimensions for bushings? The new floor pans have those divots above the mounts, does the bolt run through the floor pan through the mount?

I think the old ones will need to be drilled out. I'll post a pic later. This is definitely the rustiest nastiest bit of this whole truck.

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Re: 62 D200 Front cab mount bushings/washers advice

Post by martincom »

The factory parts manual is available online and it has a number of illustrations: http://www.sweptline.org/Reference.html

The factory service manual will also have illustrations of the cab mounts. The factory service manual will be the best investment you can make in your truck. Another member, Jims68, also offers a comprehensive restoration CD with many photos, that is also an excellent investment. You can find info on both in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44258

Here's a link to a excerpt that has an illustration of the cab mount components, in the lower left corner: http://www.sweptline.org/body63_68/23-64.gif

Here is a link to the part number page that correspond to the part code depicted in the illustration: http://www.sweptline.org/body63_68/t23-13.gif

The core support and front cab bolts appear to be generic and the parts listing indicates the size. The rear cab bolt has a shoulder at the top of the threads, bottom of the shank, that a large washer rests against. These bolts and washers are unique. I did a quick search of the part number for the bolt, 6025214, and did not find any sources. You'll likely be seeking a salvage donor. If somebody doesn't chime in here with a source, you may want to phone the Thorps. They have a number of salvage sweptlines: https://www.dodgesweptlineparts.com/preview/

The cab and core support rubber isolators are being reproduced by easy (dash) streetllc (dot) com. For some old reason, the forum blocks links to that web page, so I have to disguise the url. He offers the mounts individually or as a complete set. Presently, they indicate they are out of stock. They were when I was doing my truck and I had to wait a month before they were in stock again. I don't know of any other sources for the repop cab mount isolators. Here is a photo of the kit, from the web page:
P1010042__90070.1502879777.500.659.JPG
The rear frame brackets have about a 1 inch diameter hole that the nipple of the rubber isolator fits into.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration

wre805
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Santa Ynez
State: CA

Post by wre805 »

Thanks martincom for the thorough answer. I have a factory service manual and for some reason made the assumption that it was all drivetrain, fuel system, electrical, and wouldn't go into the details of such things. I don't know why I got that idea but clearly I was wrong - color me embarrassed. I need to read the service manual cover to cover and get a better sense of what is in there.

Now I have a better idea of what the front bolt, washer, and rubber pad combination is supposed to be. I'll keep an eye on e-Z Street and see if those pads come back in stock, may try to make my own out of a horse stall pad as others have mentioned here.

BigBlockTrucks
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Binghamton
State: NY

Post by BigBlockTrucks »

Using a piece cut out of a tire sidewall works too.
Used tires are free. :Thumbsup
Late 65 w 200.
Factory LU-2 winch.
Updates: 205 transfer case,4.10 gears, disc brake Dana 60 front with lock out hubs
440 repower in the works

60 d100
383 with 727
4 wheel disc
3.73 geared rear