Weatherstrip Options / Quality

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Stubs68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Manhattan
State: MT

Weatherstrip Options / Quality

Post by Stubs68 »

Thanks to the Forum members I have found and researched many weatherstrip suppliers. But........ want to know from those that have actually bought a seal kit (windshield, door, rear window etc...) what your impressions are of the quality, fit and price? The suppliers I have looked at include:

Steel Rubber
Clester's Auto Rubber
Dantesparts
Restorationspecialties
61-71 dodgesweptlineparts

I need to know who you went with, if you would buy again and what your thoughts are on quality, fit and price. Basically looking for best choice overall. Thank you!
1968 W100
1967 Plymouth Barracuda

Red383
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fort Loramie
State: OH

Re: Weatherstrip Options / Quality

Post by Red383 »

I bought my windshield and small rear window gaskets from Clester's. They both fit nice and I would buy them again if needed.

I bought door seals and window sweeps from Rockauto, (I believe they are Fairchild brand). I have not installed these yet, so I cannot comment on the fitment yet.

Aaron
1965 Dodge D200, 318 4-speed converted to 4x4 with NV4500 trans

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

I bought my door (surround), windshield and rear window (large rear window) seals from Restoration Specialties and the fit perfectly. https://www.restorationspecialties.com/

I bought the Vent Window Vertical Strips (70-2135-56) from Steele https://www.steelerubber.com/ and they fit fine, but they do not include attaching rivets or screws and that made it just a "little" difficult. I was informed by another Sweptline owner that he bought split rivets from DCM CLASSICS. He said that the split rivets for the vertical Vent strips worked for him.

Find the rivets here:
https://dcmclassics.com/ PHONE: (616) 772-1165
part # RW-544 - Split Rivet for the Vent Window Vertical Strips
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

WarEagle
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntsville
State: AL

Post by WarEagle »

This past spring I replaced all window and door gaskets with the exception of the vent windows on my 1967 D100. Purchased door seals/gaskets from Detroit Muscle Technologies. They sell a 10 piece kit for both doors. All kit components were manufactured by Precision. Might be able to purchase separately from other suppliers a lower price but they kit was convenient to ensure that the correct components were sourced. Also, purchased the vertical vent window strips from them as well. These strips were manufactured by Steele Rubber Products. Purchased windshield gasket with black lock strip from Decade Auto Parts and small rear window gasket with black lock strip from Rubber the Right Way. The rear window gasket was manufactured by Fairchild Industries. The rear window gasket was the most difficult to source as I wanted a continuous gasket. All components were installed with no issues and have performed satisfactorily to date.

Stubs68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Manhattan
State: MT

Post by Stubs68 »

Thank you. This is great and detailed information. Getting ready to pull the trigger on weather strip. Looks like I have a decision to make. :lol:
1968 W100
1967 Plymouth Barracuda

DukePW
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Sarnia, ON

Post by DukePW »

I believe I got all my seals from restoration specialties. Except the window wiskers at rockauto. The only thing I am unhappy with is the vent window rubber, it does not fit well at all