Interior trim.

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
ScrooLoose
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Doylestown
State: OH

Interior trim.

Post by ScrooLoose »

Hello All.
I just completed installing a full vinyl floor mat from ACC in my 62/D100/SWB/S6/3tree. I have bought the floor trim for the door/step edge from Exline. Mat and trim look great. My question is. Has anyone seen floor trim for the kick panel area? Or know if they are even available or exist? And if not does anyone have any ideas to make a clean transition from mat to panel? My idea is aluminum angle iron thin enough that it can be molded to match the contours. Then send all trim to powder coat.
Thanx for your thoughts.
ScrooLoose.

Enon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 46901
State: IN

Re: Interior trim.

Post by Enon »

No trim where you are talking about. I would just make a template out of cardboard of the floor at the kick and use this for your cut.

67step100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Niagara, ON
State: Foreign

Post by 67step100 »

I know this thread is a bit old but didn't want to start a new one as I just want to know what the vinyl floor mat is made from. When i think of vinyl I think of the stuff on floors in homes. Does no one make rubber mats, either two piece or one complete piece?

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

No exact repros made for sweptlines. The ACC stuff is about as close as you can get. Unknown what the OP meant when he said vinyl.

67step100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 67step100 »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:25 pm
No exact repros made for sweptlines. The ACC stuff is about as close as you can get. Unknown what the OP meant when he said vinyl.
So what exactly is it made of? Rockauto also refers to it as vinyl. They also have "loop" which I assume is some sort of carpet/woven material. Just have no clue what "vinyl" would be?

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Post by martincom »

Most of the floor coverings sold by all the various resellers appear to be ultimately from ACC, from my research.

As to the kick panels, I did see one of the sweptline parts vendor was offering a black vinyl cover. I'm thinking it was **NOT ALLOWED**, but I can't say with certainty.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

67step100 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:21 pm
I know this thread is a bit old but didn't want to start a new one as I just want to know what the vinyl floor mat is made from. When i think of vinyl I think of the stuff on floors in homes. Does no one make rubber mats, either two piece or one complete piece?
.... Or linoleum. :joker

Years ago, I bought a one piece rubber floor mat from an outfit [can't remember their name :thinking ] that
were specific to 100/200 Sweptlines. I still have it in my '61 but it hasn't held up too well..... Lots of cracks
and splits over the tranny tunnel have developed over the years. I do recall that they stopped selling them too.
I don't know of any other outfit selling correctly fitted replacement rubber floor mats.

John

67step100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 67step100 »

Does anyone have a picture of the vinyl mats installed?

Red383
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fort Loramie

Post by Red383 »

Here is my ACC vinyl flooring after trimming and trying to make it fit better.
pic117.jpg
1965 Dodge D200, 318 4-speed converted to 4x4 with NV4500 trans

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Did u try any heat (heat gun) to get it to re-form correctly?

Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by Series1Utiline »

I tried using a heat gun on mine and found the mat would always return to the shape it was prior to the heat bring applied.

67step100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 67step100 »

Red383 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:03 am
Here is my ACC vinyl flooring after trimming and trying to make it fit better.

pic117.jpg
Thanks for the photo. Are you gluing it down? Is that why you have the weights?

ScrooLoose
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ScrooLoose »

Hello all.
67step100. If you contact ACC "AutoCustomCarpet" (www.accmats.com) They will send you a small sample of the material.
I think you might need to pay a small shipping fee (like $1.50) but worth it. The vinyl is stiff. And goes the full length under the seat to the fuel tank.
Will need to remove seat. Heat gun will help mold it. But it will have some memory. I placed mine in the sun on my black top drive on one of the hottest days of summer. Let it set for about a hour and it will be much much more pliable. I got it to fit the best I could. Trim it close but not exact yet. Then I sat the truck windows up in the sun for a few hours. I thru full bags of floor sweep, horse feed, salt, ect. on it to help form it to the pan and then I let it set till it cooled at night. After that I trimmed it to final fit. Fit and form is pretty good but not perfect. No way like factory. I did not want carpet. And did not want to glue it so it could be removed. Check out videos on line. They have good info.
Hope this helps.
ScrooLoose.

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

ScrooLoose wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:27 pm
No way like factory.
Given that your diligence is evident, in what respects it did it not fit are the bases I'd use to decide whether or not to follow your lead. Where and how did it not fit? Photos? I'm thinking one might be able to do a slice-lap-and-tape at some inside corners around the hump, but I'd need to see the whole transition over it in some detail. Is yours as shiny and slick as it looks in the video? Kind of a bummer, but I'd guess it won't stay that way too long in a work truck. Does it seem thick enough to last?
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

ScrooLoose
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by ScrooLoose »

I am in no way a expert at this stuff, But I will put my 2 ¢ in. (what a time we live in. Things are so expensive they don't even put a " ¢ " key on the key board. But at the same time so easy. I just spent 5 minutes looking for that " ¢ " key on my board BUT found out how to within 10 seconds on Google. Hold the ALT key and type 0162.) Who knew? Sure didn't tell me that in school. We were still learning history. Enough on my typing inability and back to the vinyl floor. Is it thick enough to last, Yes plenty thick. Just went and took some measurements avg is .105" or so. I also think its stiffness adds its durability. Is it shiny, No it is not very shiny. I would say more of a matt finish. In the videos they are probably working with enhanced light conditions for quality of the video. Slick? Not that bad. It dose have a wrinkly finish to it. Much like a bed liner. Would like to give a "Stimpmeter" speed but I do not have one. Dose not just wipe clean. Need a brush and terry cloth. And as to the "slice-lap-and-tape" As I noted before I am no expert but I would strongly suggest do not cut it to fit contours. I believe that would take away from its integrity of bring one piece. Anywhere you stop a cut it will want to continue with the slightest stress on the cut. Even if its glued. It would be like trimming a pool liner to fit the corners. Also being .100" thick there will always be an edge to catch on something. And as you stated my truck is also a working truck. That is why I did not want carpet. I like to think of it as my "Gentleman's Driver". In no way a show truck. But when going to the hardware store, feed store, ice cream stand ect. loads of thumbs ups and complements. I would love to find a vacuum form fitted floor liner but till then these a pretty damm good. I am working on getting pictures to post. Smushed them twice and still to large to post.
ScrooLoose.

Red383
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fort Loramie

Post by Red383 »

[/quote]
Thanks for the photo. Are you gluing it down? Is that why you have the weights?
[/quote]

I was not gluing it down, I was doing what ScrooLoose said he did, letting it sit out in the summer sun, hoping it would mold itself to fit better.
1965 Dodge D200, 318 4-speed converted to 4x4 with NV4500 trans