Forward Cab Mount Photos

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Prormk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kenai Peninsula
State: AK

Forward Cab Mount Photos

Post by Prormk »

Good Evening,

Can anyone provide detailed photos of the forward cab mounts? Restoring a 1969 D200 with rockers, mounts, and steps that have seen MUCH better days. I’m going to be fabricating some of these pieces, and need to know what stops where ‘ general shapes & curves. Hard to tell when the metal isn’t there.

I greatly appreciate it

marklein
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Red Deer
State: Foreign

Re: Forward Cab Mount Photos

Post by marklein »

It is fairly easy to fabricate your own mounts, I just finished a set on my W100. I used 16 gauge material to build them, they are much stronger and a lot easier to weld heavier material. The main criteria are the height and distance from the rear cab mount. You also need the measurement of the opening for the door. When you cut the old stuff out, the whole thing will sag, so you need to support it. I built mine with the cab sitting on it's back, makes it a lot easier to work on. Before I finished welding, I mocked the whole thing up by putting the door in it's position to make sure I had the rocker and opening correct. I measured from the dash mount down to the cab mount, as long as you get it square with the side panel and the right distance from the back mount, you are good to go. I made templates of the old mount and made the mount out of 3 pieces, welding them together. It is a time when you can make your own mounts better than the factory ones were. I made mine so that water coming off of the cowl or floor pan will run straight down and on to the ground, not into the mount like the original. There are some photos in my build thread, just not detailed ones. I will see if I can find my templates, I could possibly email them to you if I can scan them.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

I repaired mine... here are some pics. Sorry, I don't have any measurements.
Attachments
047Left side floor01.JPG
046Left mount07.JPG
040Left mount01.JPG
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Prormk
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kenai Peninsula
State: AK