Cab level?

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
fireguyfire
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cochrane
State: Foreign

Cab level?

Post by fireguyfire »

I’m just about to paint my 70 D100 back to the factory colour (Tor red with a white painted top) after doing a ton of metal repair on the cab including new floor pans and rockers (thanks exline!)

Since I replaced so much metal and the cab was so rotten, I’m hoping I got things back to dead factory spec, but won’t know for sure until I drop the cab back into the restored frame. The rear frame mount pouts are untouched so I know they are still factory correct.
My question is, with the cab remounted, should the floor where the seat sits, and the bottom of the inside of the rocker be parallel to the ground?
I’m thinking if I put the rear mounts back in, I can them shim the front mounts to make the cab level front to back and side to side before tightening down the front mounts.

Does this make sense?

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Cab level?

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Probably should be parallel to the frame. The ground is irrelevant as the angle would change with tires sizes and different weights/loads as well as spring sag over the yrs. IE, how would u know the change in springs w/o an engine, bed or front clip on it?

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Cab level?

Post by dodgeboykim »

When I put the cab on my 66 and then installed box I had to readjust cab to line up with box. The original rubber idolaters had compressed a bit. Just had to use some very large washers to adjust.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.