carpet

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Papac3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kennard
State: NE

carpet

Post by Papac3 »

Has anyone found a source for carpet or do we need to have it made by a local custom interior shop? This is for a 62 D200.
Thanks for any help.

PowerMan
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Auburn
State: CA

Re: carpet

Post by PowerMan »

Rockauto.com has carpet kits via Auto Custom Carpets at a decent price. I've used quite a few of the ACC carpet kits and they are nice. Takes a while to put it in and do it right. The carpets kits are listed in the 1967-1971 Dodge years on Rockauto for some reason but they will fit all years 61-71. These carpet kits will require you to cut a hole for the steering column, seat brackets, floor shifter (if you have one) and transfer case shift levers (if 4x4). You will have to trim the carpet side edges in order to tuck the carpet under the metal edge along the rocker step.
I personally like the 80/20 loop carpet over the plush look. Many colors are available and mass backing option is available for extra sound and heat dampening.
1962 W100 - NV4500- LU2 winch Looking for a 4BT!
1965 W200 CC 12 Valve P-Pump, HX35/S475, 5x12s, pushrods, 60# springs, 55 DVs, NV4500
1965 D100-> W100 Town Wagon 225 Slant - NP435

Papac3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Papac3 »

Thanks for the help. I have used these carpets also just had not seen the dodge ones. Now I just need to find metal strips for around the door step.
my 62 did not have those

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by earlymopar »

Kenny @ Exline has the strips in both mild steel and stainless steel. I bought a set and used them on my truck when I put in new vinyl flooring (I'm not a carpet in a truck guy but then again, I grew up with several vehicles that came with vinyl covered floors from the factory).

http://www.exlinecustomauto.com/custom-services.html

- EM

Papac3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Papac3 »

Thanks for the help I called Kenny and will be ordering some things from him. Wish I knew about him a couple of years ago!

mikebell
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: booneville
State: AR

Post by mikebell »

I have a 69 I'm installing ACC 80/20 carpet. I have cut the seat brackets holes, tried the edges them added metal trim, also have the steering column hole.
My question is, what do I do for the gas pedal assembly. Do i cut a square hole? Do i cut a square hope then a vertical slit? Anybody have any pics?

sledgehammer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: puyallup,wa

Post by sledgehammer »

Maybe just bolt the pedal right over the carpet.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

I would do as Sledgehammer says. BOLT it over the carpet. IF you cut a square hole, chances are good you'll have those plastic stringy things appear and never go away. Then, the carpet moves a little and now the carpet isn't square with the pedal anymore. Just bolt through it and it'll look nice.
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

I bolted mine through the carpet. I then proceeded to deal with a never ending transmission issue so decided to pull the great looking carpet back out..... :banghead

Sweptybrown
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wichita falls
State: TX

Post by Sweptybrown »

If y’all happen to have ollies I got some outdoor indoor carpet 6x8 for 12,99 or Lowe’s and Home Depot it might be an option for Some if you. I hope it’s just enough to do some kick panels on the bottom of the doors