air conditioning

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Papac3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kennard
State: NE

air conditioning

Post by Papac3 »

my 62 is finally coming out of the body shop and will now be installing the 318. Has anyone installed a vintage air unit? If so which model or who's unit did you use? Hopefully be on the road by summer.. Will share pictures later

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: air conditioning

Post by dodgeboykim »

Ask the hot rodders. Used by many. Might have been a good idea to decide on that before body shop so unneeded holes could be filled. :thinking :thinking :thinking :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

Papac3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Papac3 »

Well I'm not "hot rodding" the truck and I'm not sure why you think we aren't addressing the fire wall issue. Maybe that's why I'm asking the question.

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by earlymopar »

Not related to my Utiline but years ago I bought another manufacturer's heater/defroster / A/C product and just got the smallest unit I could in terms of the unit that fits under the dash (this was for my 37' Dodge pickup). I bought a new Sanden air pump off of E-bay. If I were putting a unit in my Utiline, I'd take the same path (going after the smallest under-dash unit).

- EM

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

You can check out https://www.vintageair.com/ They don't have a specific model for Dodge Truck, but they do have a "Universal" kit.
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

Conrad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Post by Conrad »

I just pulled my heater/blower due to a leak. I had planned on AC in the future anyways.

I'm looking at the VintageAir Gen II ComPac as it has a driver/passenger/center and about the same size as the assembly I removed. Although the unit will be further towards the center of the truck due to heater inlet/outlet. My goal is to get the unit in to replace the heater as the first step, then work on the AC configuration as budget allows.

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

Another member Robert worked with an AC supplier and got a great setup for his 69. He sold his truck and doesn't visit here. I talked with him about it and he told me to call the folks below when I get ready to do my truck.

Re: 1969 From Tennessee
AC is Old Air Products Ft Worth TX 817-531-2995 www.oldairproducts.com Good to work with. They were the only company to offer all the brackets in the kit, classic under the dash unit. They have both heat and ac but I went with the ac only. I did have to add a couple of spacers for proper alignment however they were small.

Papac3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Papac3 »

Thanks for the help!