wing window latch

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Mikelindley
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lewisville
State: TX

wing window latch

Post by Mikelindley »

Both of my wing window latches will not rotate. I have pulled the pin and tried to remove but I don't want to break them and they wont come off. Are the supposed to rotate around the stud or is the stud itself supposed to rotate. Any help would be appreciated. If it was another brand I could delete the wing window and purchase larger glass, but no such luck.......

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: wing window latch

Post by dodgeboykim »

Mikelindley wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:21 am
Both of my wing window latches will not rotate. I have pulled the pin and tried to remove but I don't want to break them and they wont come off. Are the supposed to rotate around the stud or is the stud itself supposed to rotate. Any help would be appreciated. If it was another brand I could delete the wing window and purchase larger glass, but no such luck.......

Soak em down with some snotty penetrating oil. They should turn at least in a 90 degree arc. Lock to unlock and back. :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.