Floor pans

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Floor pans

Post by Kaegi »

anyone ever try these guys? the pic looks all wrong maybe they posted the wrong pic?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-71-DODGE- ... XQKLdR3Lbh

61stepside
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: SoCal
State: CA

Re: Floor pans

Post by 61stepside »

That's the correct photo. I asked them about the cab mount depression and they replied that it didn't come with one. I'd suggest using Kenny's floor pans, they have the correct mounting hole and depression.

zachkennedy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hamburg
State: MI

Post by zachkennedy »

I bought a set. These guys are somewhat local to me too. They're good. No matter what you'll need to do a little bending. Are you talking about Exline? If you want ridiculous prices....go ahead...spend 350 on floor pans. If you're a good welder or know one...buy the ones you looked at.

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by earlymopar »

I don't see the sheet metal gage they use for making these.

- EM

BigJimG
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Flint
State: MI

Post by BigJimG »

C2C Fabrication, out of Detroit. Their website lists the floor pans and outer rocker/step assemblies at 19 gauge steel.

They list the pans at $70 a piece and the outer rocker/step at $30 a piece.

I have a set of these pans and rockers that were mocked into the parts cab I bought. The fit appears OK, but the Exline pans are listed at 18 gauge, and the based on the pictures, appear to go a little higher on the both the trans hump and toward the firewall, as well as having the dimple for the mount.

Personally, if I hadn't purchased the parts cab that already had new sheet metal partially installed, I would have purchased the Exline pans. Between the increase in thickness, more accurate forming, and the fact that Exline reproduces a whole lot of parts that are not available anywhere else, the increase in cost, to me, wouldn't be a deal breaker.
'63 D100
Build Link: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=40000

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

I have used the exline before and they worked out pretty good. of course they required bending and forming at the front. any aftermarket part like that will. I will not be buying the Detroit pans with no dimple. the hard part of making floor pans IS the dimple. thanks for the input

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

I'd always opt to support Kenny (Exline). I know him personally and the pricing is essentially parts & labor. Built by them (Mopar enthusiast) in America so your money is going right back into the hobby.

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Post by MadMC63 »

When you consider the cost of materials and the amount of time it takes him to create the panels he's definitly not in it for the money plus, every part made has the discriminating eye of a true enthusiest/ hobbiest insuring the most acurate reproduction and fit as possible. One of the few (very few) left that isnt made by the lowest bidder using the cheapest materials and cheapest labor available.

Hats off to Kenny!!
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?