71 Swept Bench Seat

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
71swept777
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hudson
State: WI

71 Swept Bench Seat

Post by 71swept777 »

Hey there,

I did a search and didn't see anything that stood out, but I'm planning on taking out my bench seat to have it redone and wondering if anyone has done this and if you have any tips or suggestions. The truck is in storage so I can't look at it myself and just want to know what to bring and also have a sense on what I'm getting myself into.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Bobby
WASH YOUR HANDS. Work hard & BE NICE TO PEOPLE.

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Re: 71 Swept Bench Seat

Post by MadMC63 »

9/16" for separating the seat back and bottom. 7/16" and 1/2" to remove the seat bottom from the floor. Would definitely recommend separating top and bottom for removal as the combined weight is reminiscent to a sleeper sofa. Recommend you take the time to study the seat before taking it anywhere so you are familiar with what needs to be done and can be very specific about what you expect for your money. We went through this several months ago and it seemed like people paid anywhere from $350.00 to $800.00. If you have more than one vendor available you should definitely research them all before deciding who to entrust.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

71swept777
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hudson
State: WI

Re: 71 Swept Bench Seat

Post by 71swept777 »

Hey thanks a lot MadMC63! Appreciate the info and advice. Yeah I have a guy and he's right in the middle of that pricing you sent.
Thanks again!
WASH YOUR HANDS. Work hard & BE NICE TO PEOPLE.