Dude style tailgate?

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
fireguyfire
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cochrane
State: Foreign

Dude style tailgate?

Post by fireguyfire »

I am giving some thought to adding the Dude trim package to my truck when I restore it next winter. The truck is originally Burnt Orange with a white cab top so it would look stunning with the white decals on the side.
I have a set of chrome tail light lens trims, and other than painting the gas cap and mirror arms body colour its easy.
The only part I would have to sort out is the tail gate. Mine of course is the embossed style and it is in very rough shape; has rusted out pretty good at the bottom edge, and both of the pins that the steel strap that hold the tail gate from over extending down have torn out of the sides as well.
One of the key things that was different from a Dude and a D100 was the flat style tailgate with the Dodge decal instead. Are these tail gates (Dude style) available? Is there an interchangable Dodge tail gate from a later truck that could be used?
Just wondering how much of an issue it will be to get that style of tail board on my truck.

ufo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Manitoba
State: Foreign

Re: Dude style tailgate?

Post by ufo »

No issue at all exline has a brand new flat style tailgate available.
http://www.exlinecustomauto.com/

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Also, all 71 trucks had smooth tailgates. Later yrs not at all similar.

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Post by MadMC63 »

70 and 71 had the flat tailgate. Part of the redesign I guess. You see the flat on a mix of 70 models and a lot to most of 71 models.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?