floor pan replacement

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
fireguyfire
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cochrane
State: Foreign

floor pan replacement

Post by fireguyfire »

Just going around my new 70 d100 that has the floor pans rusted out good around the front cab mounting points, which is pretty common.
The cab has sagged down onto the frame at these points as they have rusted free, which explains why the door gaps are goofy even though there isne much play in the door hinges themselves; I'm assuming once I shim the cab back up into position and weld in the new pan things should realign pretty well again.
I see there is also a rusty cab mount bracket that goes between the floor pan and the frame, and the bottom of the fender dog leg bolts to it as well.
Is there any rubber mounting shims in the original set up or does the floor pan sandwhich this cab mount frame directly to the frame?
Can anyone post up a picture of what this area is supposed to look like from underneath when mint so I can get a handle on what body panel parts to order? I for sure need the 2 frame mount brackets, but Im not sure if there is something else in that "sandwich".
Does anyone have any tips on repairing the floor pan with the front mounting point and getting everything back where it should be? As I mentioned earlier in the thread my cab has settled down at bit at these points because the "dimples" that hold the cab up off of the frame at the mounting points have rusted away and failed.
Any help, tips or suggestions would be appreciated gents!

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: floor pan replacement

Post by Jims68 »

Here ya go! These pics are from the 67-68 Service Manual. The "Spacers" are nothing more than round Shims/Washers, and the "Pad" is rubber and you can use anything for that, I cut a square from the side wall of a tire. It does not have to be round and square was easier to cut out. :lol: . Good Luck! :salut
Attachments
Rear Cab Mounting.jpg
Cab Front Mounting.jpg
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

fireguyfire
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by fireguyfire »

Perfect; thanks!

ufo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Manitoba

Post by ufo »

underside pic.
Attachments
frtmount.jpg

fireguyfire
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by fireguyfire »

Thanks gents; looking closer and the rot is fairly deep; I'm thinking I may be replacing the full rockers too since I'm doing the floor repair.
I'm wondering if pulling the cab off would be the best way to get at the repairs easily, and then paint the cab when finished; I have a 2 post lift so it will be easy to lift off the cab.
Can anyone give me the basic tips and techniques for cab removal?

DavidPope
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Eston, Sask, Canada

Post by DavidPope »

When you're taking off the front clip there's one bolt on each fender that you get at under the dash through the kick panels.