61-65 w300 floorplan

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
SoleSurvivor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Torrance
State: CA

61-65 w300 floorplan

Post by SoleSurvivor »

Can you recommend an aftermarket manufacturer for a replacement Floorplan for a w300? Is it a one piece or Three? It needs the cutouts for the floor shift, winch bar and two four wheel shift handles. It's a regular cab. Also if someone's has the cables/linkage that connects the two Trans drum brakes that would be a huge find. Thanks folks,
Doug
1962 Fargo Torrance, CA

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 61-65 w300 floorplan

Post by Hobcobble »

Try Kenny Exline....
http://www.exlinecustomauto.com/

John :Thumbsup

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

SoleSurvivor wrote:Also if someone's has the cables/linkage that connects the two Trans drum brakes that would be a huge find.
Do you mean one from the transmission brake drum to transfer case brake drum? I wasn't aware that both had them, I've never messed with that vintage of W300.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

I have a complete floor pan from a 66 W300 (61-68 all the same) in perfect condition. I cut it out of the cab outside of every original seam. It is one piece. Probably have the cables and linkage too.

SoleSurvivor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by SoleSurvivor »

712edf wrote:
SoleSurvivor wrote:Also if someone's has the cables/linkage that connects the two Trans drum brakes that would be a huge find.
Do you mean one from the transmission brake drum to transfer case brake drum? I wasn't aware that both had them, I've never messed with that vintage of W300.

Bucky
Yes there are two. One behind the transmission and one behind the transfer case. Since the truck has to be in neutral when you use the winch you have to engage the ebrake.
1962 Fargo Torrance, CA

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 712edf »

SoleSurvivor wrote:Yes there are two. One behind the transmission and one behind the transfer case. Since the truck has to be in neutral when you use the winch you have to engage the ebrake.
I have seen them on the transmission & I have seen them on the transfer case. I own both types. But I have never seen both on the same vehicle at once.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Bucky, u gotta remember this is a frankentruck. It started out as a D300, then was converted to a W. From the factory, the brake is on the tranny in a D, on the transfer case in a W. NEVER on both.

SoleSurvivor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by SoleSurvivor »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:Bucky, u gotta remember this is a frankentruck. It started out as a D300, then was converted to a W. From the factory, the brake is on the tranny in a D, on the transfer case in a W. NEVER on both.
More information on my truck. The cab is a '62. The chassis is a 68 W300. The engine is a 361. Engine runs smooth as does the transmission(ACMET98A), transfer case(haven't identified it yet because all the greasy build up), and braeden winch.
The truck is in the shop where my company services all our fleet of vans, trucks, and semi's to do the brakes. I showed him the two ebrakes. The linkages line up with each other. He said he can rebuild both and make them work in tandem. I just told him to get all four corners working first and the ebrake behind the transmission working. If he can get the two to work in tandem that would be a plus. But not that important.
Since I dragged that thing home I have been underneath it a bunch of times. Half the body to frame mounts....are hockey pucks! They show no wear compared to the rubber mounts that the factory used. More as I dig deeper.
1962 Fargo Torrance, CA

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

If both ebrakes work in tandem, u will never be able to use the winch to pull somebody out of a ditch. Forget about or remove the one on the trans, or have a separate handle for it.

SoleSurvivor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by SoleSurvivor »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:If both ebrakes work in tandem, u will never be able to use the winch to pull somebody out of a ditch. Forget about or remove the one on the trans, or have a separate handle for it.
Good advice. I didn't think about that as we were going over the myriad of oddities. Wasnt thinking about the mechanicals of all the things going on under there. Just need the thing to stop.
1962 Fargo Torrance, CA

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by 712edf »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:Bucky, u gotta remember this is a frankentruck. It started out as a D300, then was converted to a W. From the factory, the brake is on the tranny in a D, on the transfer case in a W. NEVER on both.
Thank you. That explains alot. :Thumbsup

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab