Front fender to cab attachment

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
SoleSurvivor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Torrance
State: CA

Front fender to cab attachment

Post by SoleSurvivor »

It appears the fender to cab attachment is missing on the passenger side of my truck. So much so I have to push the upper side fender top inwards to open and close the door. Inside The fender looks to have a 1/2 by 1/2 inch opening that something is supposed to go into. The inside cab has a 2 inch access whole in the kick panel, I assume, to gain access to what ever needs to be tightened down. Any ideas how to secure the fender to the front of the cab just in front of the door?
1962 Fargo Torrance, CA

allsupj
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hayden
State: ID

Re: Front fender to cab attachment

Post by allsupj »

There should be a caged nut in that hold. May have rusted away and fallen out.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

If your fender is really nice then removal and replacement of caged nut required. If fender is junk, Drill a hole and use a carriage bolt. :thinking :thinking :lol:
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

SoleSurvivor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by SoleSurvivor »

The fender is in perfect shape. But that cage nut is missing. What size should I be looking for? And thanks. I figured there had to be some time of nut that goes there in addition to the one that sits behind the steering wheel,
1962 Fargo Torrance, CA

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

To get to it u will need to remove the fender. Be prepared for a long and grueling process. There are multitudes of bolts to remove, many of which are likely rusted in place.
FYI, 1 ton fenders are unique to 1 tons and quite difficult to find. Treat it with love.

SoleSurvivor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by SoleSurvivor »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:To get to it u will need to remove the fender. Be prepared for a long and grueling process. There are multitudes of bolts to remove, many of which are likely rusted in place.
FYI, 1 ton fenders are unique to 1 tons and quite difficult to find. Treat it with love.
Luckily...the truck was fitted with w200 fenders. Still a bunch of bolts holding it on. And I can get a needle nose plyers in there with a cage nut. Just have to get the right size nut to snap into place.
1962 Fargo Torrance, CA

robertob
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Brooklyn
State: NY

Post by robertob »