West Coast mirrors

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Noelie84
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wales
State: ME

West Coast mirrors

Post by Noelie84 »

Anybody used these?
http://www.decadeautoparts.com/?product ... mirror-kit

At some point somebody pulled the West-coast style mirrors from my '69 (you can still see where they bondo'd the holes badly through the paint) and replaced the with some cheap clamp-on hot rod mirrors. But those are rusty and look like crap, and they're absolutely useless as a mirror. Too small and they flutter so badly at any speed over 25mph that you can't see anything out of them.
I discovered the mirrors offered in the link above, but I was curious if they'd match up with the mounting points on our trucks or if I'd have to drill new holes. Has anybody used these mirrors themselves? How's the quality on them? They say stainless and chrome in the description and the photo looks like they're decent quality, but pictures can be deceiving.
1969 D100 w/an A833 & a 318
1984 W150 w/a 7.5 Fisher Speedcast, an NP435 & a slant six (because slow but unstoppable!)

powerwagon54
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Washougal
State: WA

Re: West Coast mirrors

Post by powerwagon54 »

I have a set of those and they are junk. They will not stay tight and they move around from the road vibration.

GMAN69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by GMAN69 »

Loved the look untill I put a set on a gmc I had years ago. Vibration so bad you couldn't see behind truck.

Noelie84
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Wales
State: ME

Post by Noelie84 »

Rats. That's what I was afraid of. I figured that at that price they were too good to be true, but was hoping that somebody on here liked them and they were one of those flukes.
Anybody tried mounting them with rubber against the truck body to see if that makes any difference?

Did they at least bolt on without having to drill new holes, or did you have to custom fab mount points for them?
1969 D100 w/an A833 & a 318
1984 W150 w/a 7.5 Fisher Speedcast, an NP435 & a slant six (because slow but unstoppable!)