Interior differnces

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
DicksDodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Dimas/CA

Interior differnces

Post by DicksDodge »

I am looking at carpet kits for my 1970 W200. The top kits offer products for that year, but only in two-wheel-drive. Is there that much of a difference? If so, can someone direct me to a supplier that has a kit for me?

Thanks
1970 W200 Camper Special 383/4sp.
2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab LB Cummins

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Interior differnces

Post by Hobcobble »

DicksDodge wrote:I am looking at carpet kits for my 1970 W200. The top kits offer products for that year, but only in two-wheel-drive. Is there that much of a difference? If so, can someone direct me to a supplier that has a kit for me?

Thanks
There is no difference in 100/200 series cabs 2wd vs 4wd. You'll simply need to make
another hole for the t-case lever.
John

DicksDodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by DicksDodge »

I did not become an expert overnight, but I got this reply from one of the companies:

The size of the transmission tunnel is different between the 2WD and 4WD. The 2WD tunnel is smaller and does not have enough play in the carpet to stretch it for the 4WD. We only have the mold for the 2WD version of this year range.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Stock Interiors
866-868-4577

I would be happy if this is not the case, as you mention, but I don't want to buy it to find out differently. Anybody else have experience with this?

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

DicksDodge wrote:I did not become an expert overnight, but I got this reply from one of the companies:

The size of the transmission tunnel is different between the 2WD and 4WD. The 2WD tunnel is smaller and does not have enough play in the carpet to stretch it for the 4WD. We only have the mold for the 2WD version of this year range.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Stock Interiors
866-868-4577

I would be happy if this is not the case, as you mention, but I don't want to buy it to find out differently. Anybody else have experience with this?
For 100/200 series cabs.... the only difference in tunnel covers is the hole, or holes, or lack thereof.
John

DicksDodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by DicksDodge »

Works for me. Thanks for the clarification.