wind noise!!!

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
naloleal
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Spokane
State: WA

wind noise!!!

Post by naloleal »

i'm not expecting a Sunday drive in a Cadillac, but how can i get rid of the wind noise?

i've looked, and I can't find any rubber mouldings that go around the doors to keep the air out. I'm not talking about the rubber around the window, but any big rubber seals around the door which is where i'm getting my wind noise from.

thanks!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: wind noise!!!

Post by Hobcobble »

68fish
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: uniontown
State: OH

Post by 68fish »

After putting new rubber seals around my doors BIG difference in wind noise! I also put in new wing vent rubber seals as mine were cracked, brittle and broken in some places. NOTE: I did not rivet the wing vent rubbers as original, too much time involved for me as you pretty much have to completely disassemble the door. I simply glued the rubber on with a 2 part epoxy and it worked great. This is the small thin rubber between the wing vent and door window.

You can also adjust the window frame part of the door in and out, making a tighter fit to the roof part of the cab, mine needed this. Test the door fit with a newspaper first. close the door on a piece of news paper and then see how much tension it takes to pull it out. In my case, some areas of the window frame had NO tension on the paper whatever. After the adjustments and new seal try it again. You will be happy and wind noise will be much less.

naloleal
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Spokane
State: WA

Post by naloleal »

68Fish,

Where did you get your seals from, the site that was provided above?

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

The above site is good. I got mine from Danno Enterprises but I dont think they sell kits anymore

abodyjoe
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: s.jersey
State: NJ

Post by abodyjoe »

naloleal wrote:68Fish,

Where did you get your seals from, the site that was provided above?

http://stores.restorationspecialties.co ... red&page=1

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

The easiest way to get rid of the wind noise on a sweptline is to drive slower or replace the truck with a different era truck. :2cents It was the main issue that after driveing sweptys for over 25 years,I just couldn't take it any longer. My invisible sweptline doesn't have the aerodynamic drawbacks that normal sweptlines do. :lol:
I sold all of my sweptline trucks,except the invisible one. I just couldn't stand to see it go!
( )
91w350 CTD
93w250 CTD

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

digdoug wrote:The easiest way to get rid of the wind noise on a sweptline is to drive slower or replace the truck with a different era truck. :2cents It was the main issue that after driveing sweptys for over 25 years,I just couldn't take it any longer. My invisible sweptline doesn't have the aerodynamic drawbacks that normal sweptlines do. :lol:
Don't the 91-93 trucks still have the drip rail and wing windows? What makes them quieter, more insulation?

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Yea,Bill, they do. I don't know what makes them quieter, but they sure are. I think the slight overhang above the swepty's windshield may be a big factor in the wind noise. :thinking
I sold all of my sweptline trucks,except the invisible one. I just couldn't stand to see it go!
( )
91w350 CTD
93w250 CTD