1968 D100 Dash Color and Paint Codes

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Re: 1968 D100 Dash Color and Paint Codes

Post by 66patrick »

A '67 with the pull handles would've been modified to appear that way after the fact. There is NO way they'd have used "leftover parts" on the assembly line, because the door striker area is quite different between the fridge handle door and the push-button doors. Plus, the doors themselves do NOT simply swap out because of this.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

phpuoYxegPM.jpg
phpuoYxegPM.jpg (79.79 KiB) Viewed 657 times
phpefR5xePM.jpg
phpefR5xePM.jpg (80.27 KiB) Viewed 657 times

Dash from the Canadian built 67 D300 that I have sitting in my back yard. It has the ashtray cover that does not lift up. Dash is original colour. Matches cab colour. Nice uncut one too.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

66patrick wrote:A '67 with the pull handles would've been modified to appear that way after the fact. There is NO way they'd have used "leftover parts" on the assembly line, because the door striker area is quite different between the fridge handle door and the push-button doors. Plus, the doors themselves do NOT simply swap out because of this.

You are correct they doors do not interchange. It was not a modified rig and yes, they did use a mixture of parts at times. I happen to know what I was looking at. You might be right in that it could have a been a '66 that had the updated dash but was marked as a '67 in the yard. That I did not check although in retrospect I wish I had since it was unusual and would have been nice to have pics and numbers.
RR
Vancouver, WA

'67 W200/450 CID
AA OD/SM465/205
PTO winch
4.10 powerlock
8R19.5 tires

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

RussRoth wrote:
66patrick wrote:A '67 with the pull handles would've been modified to appear that way after the fact. There is NO way they'd have used "leftover parts" on the assembly line, because the door striker area is quite different between the fridge handle door and the push-button doors. Plus, the doors themselves do NOT simply swap out because of this.

You are correct they doors do not interchange. It was not a modified rig and yes, they did use a mixture of parts at times. I happen to know what I was looking at. You might be right in that it could have a been a '66 that had the updated dash but was marked as a '67 in the yard. That I did not check although in retrospect I wish I had since it was unusual and would have been nice to have pics and numbers.
I would think they wouldn't use old and new cabs and then have to fit doors to them. The production facilities shut down for a week or two to retool, maybe longer if major changes are needed so they wouldn't end up with old parts that wouldn't fit new trucks. They could use leftover parts if they fit the older and newer trucks. It probably wasn't leisurely work on the assembly line so they wouldn't have time to sort doors, latches, etc.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

No way they would do that - that is the reason the line shuts down between model years. Whatever leftover parts might have been on hand (and there would be very few!) that did not apply to the new model year, would be sent off for replacement stock for dealers, and would go to the various depots for distribution as needed.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

It was common in those years to make running changes during model years unlike now. I have seen advertising from the time frame stating some changes will occur during the model year as they become available. Not certain I can find that since it was some time ago. Not that I or some others are correct about everything but we were here the time frame these were built and have witnessed this type thing more than once
RR
Vancouver, WA

'67 W200/450 CID
AA OD/SM465/205
PTO winch
4.10 powerlock
8R19.5 tires

RobertGilliam
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Clinton
State: TN

Post by RobertGilliam »

My 69 was a dark green and with a suede finish. Found one company in Calif to mix it.

moparbay
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rapid City
State: SD

Post by moparbay »

Txas2step wrote:'67 w/dash pad ...satin blk as well. Did you buy Patrick's lowered '68?
BTW, I am painting my '67 dash turquoise to match the exterior ....don't like the black dash.
I Painted mine blue when i panted the interior. word of caution, The sun will reflect off the dash and is very irritating (Probably why the factory did them in satin). If i were to do it again, i would still paint it blue, but use a satin clear on the top to cut down on the blinding reflection.
moparbay

Ole "Blue" 68 D100 Adventurer
65 W100
67 D400
67 W100 (in pieces)
69 D100 converted to 4x4 (SOLD)