recommendations for sheet metal part

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
bpenn3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lockhart
State: TX

recommendations for sheet metal part

Post by bpenn3 »

Hey Gjuys:

I need new floorboards for the 66 D200. I have found several suppliers and really do not know what experiences you have had.

So far Mills supply seems to have the best price but I'm not sure of material gauge and fitment.

Would appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Ben

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Re: recommendations for sheet metal part

Post by wally426ci »

The issue if you shop based on price is going to be fitment, strength, and gauge. Kenny Exiline has the best fitting parts that look original. The problem that I have seen on the cheap stuff is no recess for the cab mount and lack of beads rolled for strength.

bpenn3
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lockhart
State: TX

Post by bpenn3 »

Thanks Wally,

I have Exiline bookmarked. I would rather pay more for the quality. I'm just not familiar with the various vendors supplying these of Dodge parts. Actually the price is not that big of a difference between Mills and Exiline.

thanks again for your input.

Ben

jpryorx2
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: atlanta
State: MI

Post by jpryorx2 »

i realize this post is a month old so it might be to late but i bought a cab corner and rocker for my 98 dodge from mills supply and they fit perfect i didn't mic them but they seemed to be the exact thickness as my stock panels. maybe i got lucky because on my challenger i had crappy fit with a amd panel when everyone says how great they are